Srt for beginners

atree

Cool cheers for your advice.a mate reckons that the top of the ascender will get loaded wrong if it fails(due to having the prussic there)?

Will have to give it ago sometime soon.

If you did get into a situation where it failed, the croll should back it up cregardless of what phase of the system you are using at the time. Even if it didnt and your weight fell on the ArmorPrus, looks like it will hold the ascender straight anyway. :thumbup1:I don't know for sure cos I have never tried to put a back up on the ascenders, but I can't see it doing any harm, seems like the only time you will ever need it would be a catastrophic emergency, in which case I wouldnt be too worried about loading my ascender funny, as long as I was still alive :biggrin:

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If you use the ISC hand ascenders they have a locking cam to prevent the rope coming out!

On the Petzl ascender, I clip a krab through the two holes at the top - thus keeping the rope within the cam housing.

This doesn't prevent a twig from causing malfunction, but it keeps the rope where it should be.

yes mate of course, we'll chuck in some unicenders as well. really liking the tree wrench at the moment apart from the tether keeps wrapping around the rope between the hitch and the wrench.all good though.

Hey Kev, ive got a pretty short tether between the unit and the hitch-ill see if making it even shorter effects the performance much. i tried it long but that definetley did not work for my style. ill see if can put a pic up to compare with others

Hey Kev, ive got a pretty short tether between the unit and the hitch-ill see if making it even shorter effects the performance much. i tried it long but that definetley did not work for my style. ill see if can put a pic up to compare with others

That wrench is definitely not going to work for your style bro. It needs a warmer climate, I will take it off your hands so you can relax and go back to working DRT:001_tongue:

other thing that may help is to tighten up the lower bushing so it fits a little tighter on the rope. Messing with the adjustible bushing is a bit of a pain but once you dial it in for the rope your using its good. If it is too wide I find the wrench gets a bit sloppy, too tight and you have to pull yourself down the rope. It is fun to play around with different sized ropes. A fat rope is cool to swing around on while my static 10mm KM3 I can really go fast with the pantin and ascender, but is a little more difficult to get a good grip on for footlocking.

I've been really enjoying the new rope wrench and have managed a good few hours on it this last 10 days or so.

But one question. When frog walking with lanyard over shoulder into HC my hitch gets, on some days more than others, kinda jammed on the rope which pulls my lanyard down and I have to stroke it up to proceed. On 8mm beeline it did it somedays and not others. I initially thought it was the spacing on the wrench but seemingly not as I played with this some. It had a tendency to do it more when I added ascension and foot loop, less with just pantin??