more thieving...:(

arbogrunt

Not sure how you guys store saws etc. But have you considered some kind of strong room idea? Maybe with a combination or key lock on a steel door. Or a hidden locker somewhere to put the really nickable kit.

Something that will at least hold them up for half an hour while the alarm blasts away.

someone told me years ago; get a second hand shipping container...fit covered hasps and good padlocks (I had two to get through on mine).

Spot weld steel mesh (the kind for reinforcing concrete), on the inside walls. This will ruin anyones day using a 'Paddy's motorbike', the cutting discs will get damaged - they will only carry a couple of spare max. With a bit of luck they get a nasty kickback off it too.

Fit an alarm.

That said, if they really want it, they'll oxyacetylene (sp?) it or just pick it up with a hiab and take the whole thing!.

All we can do is make it as difficult and as noisy an operation as we can.

I doubt that it will ever be possible to stop someone breaking in if they want to badly enough.

What I would like is for those "in authority" to take this kind of crime seriously and catch and punish the offenders appropriately. If that happened, then there would be less of it.

My "put their eyes out" post was probably OTT, and I am sorry if anyone took offence, but in principle if the punishment was horrible enough and the chances of being caught high enough, then this would stop. I am all for a tolerant society, but tolerance requires mutual respect and that is lacking.

As posted many times here though, no-one in authority seems to care. That is the depressing thing, and I have no idea what any of us can do about it.