Finding work and approaching companies

swinny

Afternoon all :)

Just after some advice really....

I'm 21 and really keen and a hard worker.

I've got cs 30-31-32-38-39-40-41-45 of which i paid for all my self, truck, chipper etc all own climbing gear and all own saws

currently self employed

I live near skipton and thats the north west..... work is thin on the ground (few of my own jobs and do sub to others but theyre quiet...) and the area is fairly saturated with tree surgeons.....

I'm just wondering if anyone has any tips on how to approach companies to offer services as a climber or even a groundy.... (obvioursly the truck and chipper isn't worth mensioning when going "Freelance" so to speak)

I've tried a few companies to no avail..... i have practical skills but have no real theoretical skills. I'd even go in as an apprentice to learn all the theoretical side of things but no one out there will give you a chance...

What can i try?? or how do i approach etc

cheers for any help in advance

Afternoon all :)

Just after some advice really....

I'm 21 and really keen and a hard worker.

I've got cs 30-31-32-38-39-40-41-45 of which i paid for all my self, truck, chipper etc all own climbing gear and all own saws

currently self employed

I live near skipton and thats the north west..... work is thin on the ground (few of my own jobs and do sub to others but theyre quiet...) and the area is fairly saturated with tree surgeons.....

I'm just wondering if anyone has any tips on how to approach companies to offer services as a climber or even a groundy.... (obvioursly the truck and chipper isn't worth mensioning when going "Freelance" so to speak)

I've tried a few companies to no avail..... i have practical skills but have no real theoretical skills. I'd even go in as an apprentice to learn all the theoretical side of things but no one out there will give you a chance...

What can i try?? or how do i approach etc

cheers for any help in advance

Industry experience beats theoretical knowledge, you probably know a lot more than you think. Arbjobs.com | find Arb jobs / Tree work

You haven't been out long yourself?

& You're not far from Myerscough which pumps out Arbs every year

Im miles from that place know I didn’t release how many arbs are out there till I started looking for work there’s loads of them around the Nottingham area each week if do a search and find a new company who have set up shop

Sorry to derail

"No one can Pimp your self better than your self" You sound like you have the certifications in order and most of your equipment in hand. The lower your overhead or cost of doing business the more competive you will be on your own. Not knowing the job market in your neck of the woods, you may need to expand your range to other areas looking for someone with your work ethic and knowledge. Don't sell your self short. Keep pressing on, believe me I did and I always will.

Hello,

I would suggest putting together an introductory letter an mail shot your area. Landowners - Councils - Highway authorities - Golf courses - Hotels - railways etc.

Maybe put an s.a.e. inside each letter and include an enquiries returns slip.

Above all else dont give up hope.

Best of luck.

Andy (The Woodman).:thumbup: