poplar job expereince.

cerneARB

Well as promised heres the poplar job i asked about a week ago ,we did it yesterday.Or should i say half of it!:blushing:

Are lack of experince slowed us down as we were both a bit nervous of climbing a pop..especialy one with rot. We both have never climbed a tree with rot this was our first and we were brickin it:sad:

Got to go back next friday and finish it.

We will put this job down to expeince both climbing and pricing jobs.

poprot2.jpg.80d66708c8a9ec71b5863075457d7482.jpg

andy2.jpg.f11d83d0ffe519a74242b0834ac1ebb8.jpg

branchwalkpop.jpg.bd9b041b468dd868a1bf0edccfb7d8e9.jpg

popform.jpg.b5f42ce5aad5679576610dfb847d2504.jpg

poprot.jpg.0240c45fda64cabc04b27de918450ef5.jpg

Look like an old limb tear. Not too bad. Good to be nervous, but you have to consider that it has stayed up there in the recent bad weather in full leaf. Wind acting on a tree like that is far great force than a mere tree climber hangin off it. As long as its not windy too on the day you climb it should be ok.

When I say recent bad weather I mean every storm for the past few years or so.

As long as you make sure that any rigging is not creating additional forces in the unwanted direction then you should be ok, but take it easy is good!

As long as you make sure that any rigging is not creating additional forces in the unwanted direction then you should be ok, but take it easy is good!

Good idea..we were not aware of that. We were rigging branches down from that trunk. There was quite a lot of rot above our anchor point too Rupe. Client wants the centeral stem down anyway because of the rot and the tear out.