Landrover tipper ram parts and new chassis

RP Tree

Hi, Right i'm going to be fitting a new chassis to my landrover 110 hicap. I'm trying to source a cheap galvanised one and I have a few questions for the group to see if I can get some help please. Easier if I just list them!

Where to buy a chassis from?, the cheapest so far is marshlands at £1790 inc vat and delivery.

Can I easily convert it to a 130 without loads of problems?

I want it to be a tipper if I can but only if the tipping parts can be bolted on not welded, can they?

If so where to buy the hydraulics from?

The work is going ahead at a garage (So all profesional, i'm not atempting this myself!)

Thank you for any replies

Richard

Hiya have u looked at Richards chassis at all? £1490 for a 130 chassis but thats without delivery?

Richards chassis are the best imho have used several now and they fit and are strong and are exactly what you order and they are good guys too !

PM sent re tipper conversion etc :)

Question 1 - Not sure

Question 2 - you would need to chop and extend the fuel lines, wiring loom, prop, brake lines, etc but it is do-able

Question 3 - Bolt on - mine is. I have a tipper chassis bolted to brackets on the 130 chassis. The brackets in my case are welded on but I don't see why you couldn't just bolt them on.

Question 4 - I bought my pump, reservoir and ram from ebay (£60 ish 2 years ago). They were removed from a transit. I use a 4 stage direct ram not a single stage ram with scissor set-up and get it to tip well past 45 degrees so no problems offloading anything.

If you need any pics let me know

Kev

Thank you for all your replies,

I think Richard's chassis win at the moment and they seem to be £500 cheaper than what the garage were quoting me, they will be getting a call very soon.

As for stretching it to a 130, well that doesn't sound too bad and would be a huge advantage to me so I will be asking the garage to quote me for doing that.

Tipping it well that's the ultimate want really, I get annoyed with myself for not understanding how hydrolics work etc. I would love it to be able to power a hydrolic winch and log splitter as well but just tend to get confused with the figures and jargon! Will speak to the garage about it.

As for the tipping gear being bolted on well that's good news, dew will be getting a call as well.

Getting waxoiling your chassis guys so you don't end up like me with all this work needing to get done!

Rich