Updated guidance note - Guidance Note 1 – Bats in the context of tree work operations

David Humphries

This is the third edition & replaces the one from 2003

Guidance Note 1 ? Bats in the context of tree work operations

Thanks David.

I did mention this in one of the threads recently. It is written by Andrew Cowan and is available from the Arb Association,details are on their website. They are taking orders but when I spoke to them a few days ago they were quoting early April delivery. So as yet no chance to see what has been updated.

Thanks David.

I did mention this in one of the threads recently. It is written by Andrew Cowan and is available from the Arb Association,details are on their website. They are taking orders but when I spoke to them a few days ago they were quoting early April delivery. So as yet no chance to see what has been updated.

Alan, the red link on the first post is direct to the order page.

My understanding is that people have started receiving it already.

Thats form a post on UKTC.

if bats by their nature choose trees that have defects to roost in does this mean they are used to or expect the natural disturbance caused by the natural environment i.e. trees failing in high wind/rotting/failing? i assume this is why certain bats have more than one roost.

Maybe Alan (Bats n Trees) can answer this more proficiently than I can ?

But I would of thought by the association of hibinating in the Winter in trees with no canopy, then this possibly mitigates or reduces the chance of then being in a tree during failure, as most trees (debateable) fail when in full leaf due to sail/weight etc.....

If the furries are in trees during the growing seasons (& reletivelty alert) I'd imagine they are fully intune with the internal creaks & groans of a tree that's dynamically within failure.

just my thoughts

Alan, the red link on the first post is direct to the order page.

My understanding is that people have started receiving it already.

Thats form a post on UKTC.

That's interesting.They are now based just outside Cheltenham and I rang to see If I could collect a copy as I am often over that way.They said they had no stock but were taking orders for delivery in a couple of weeks time.Perhaps they did a limited print run and have already sold out.Do you know someone who actually has a copy of the third edition ?

GN 1 'Bats' is available now from Head Office.

Please complete and submit the order form below (if it's an urgent purchase ring Head Office tel.01242 522152 with credit/debit card details).

THANK YOU and 'happy reading'!

Cheers..

Paul

Well it isn't available now.Your office closed at 5pm before I could get there.I reckon I should get a free copy anyway all the publicity I've got you on here and all the hits it has got !!!!!!!!!:thumbup: