Sharpening Tri-Edge Hand Saw

RopeKnight

Its not that hard to do.

[ame]

[/ame]

If you sharpen it before it gets real dull, it makes it easier to follow the angles and you will have less material to take off.

From my experience, the teeth in the centre of the saw need to be touched up more often.

I like to use a fine stone to smooth out the dings and such on the tooth edges or the flat side of the saw and then sand and oil.

Helps relieve alot of the elbow grease/pains. If you know what I mean.

I most save a 100 or more dollars every year.

My one Sugoi is over 5 years old now.

Edited by RopeKnight

Nice, I'd like to try that.

Where did you get the files? are they a silky product?

Yes the file is original from Silky. Look out, as you can see in the video these are very fragile. I wrecked my first one, but once you get the feeling in sharpening it goes better.

I have 2 Sugoi blades which I sharpen myself, with a good result. But it takes at least 1/2 an hour to do.

Pascal

I also sharpened an Ibuki and Stihl Brand pole saws(the telescoping one with the deep notched blade) I think I have used it on a finer tooth corona as well that gets used for root pruning.

So I am pretty sure it will work on most anything. Impulse hardened, treated steel etc.:thumbup: