Sundays Job.

madmatt

Here's a job I helped with on Sunday and Monday. The site was a college i do a lot of Grounds Maintenance work for, However not being qualified in large takedowns I put them in touch with a friend and then went and helped on the job.

It was I'm led to belive a Black Poplar the story behind its removal was that it had shed a couple of large limbs and one had written off a new Mercedes in the parking bay below. The colleges attitude was that they wanted to remove all future risks and were not keen on having invoices for regular pollarding/reductions. No Problems from the local Authority so down it came. The platform was used because thats what the man carrying out the work wanted

IMG_6092.jpg

IMG_6095.jpg

IMG_6120.jpg

IMG_6098.jpg

More to come hang on!

IMG_6401.jpg

IMG_6428.jpg

IMG_6429.jpg

I haven't uploaded pics of the felled stem yet I'll do it tomorrow. Sunday was incredibly hot, all the lads did well to do 10 hrs in that heat. The MEWP driver was a top man got stuck in helping and could put the truck or the basket where ever it was required with minimal fuss.

I don,t think the mewp was big enough, could have done with one twice that size. :sneaky2:

Lol,

It was well handy being that big didn't have to move from initial set up whole tree done from one spot. oh and it was a good price too so made sense to have overkill rather than struggle.

A crane wasn't an option due to only being allowed to close one traffic lane. Crane company would have needed complete road clousure not possible 100yds up form main fire station. Reason for MEWP was the guy doing the work wanted it. It was a good decision in Hindsight as it was 28 degrees last sunday and was very hot to be climbing in and I doubt he would have had it all down climbing in the 8hrs we had.

Waste of a tree may be but the customer wanted it down, the Local authority were happy with that it had some significant storm damage, so i went. At the end of the day if we hadn't done it some one else would have done. oh and as for it creating a gap come Janyary there will be one huge gap when the whole bit to the left is a new construction site!

Yep most of the timber has stayed on site.