APF representatives Q???

Lee Winger

I have always felt far more would attend both the AA show and the APF if it was free, as mentioned re: other shows. If Saltex can be free fr trade, using such a place as Windsor race-course, then any trade show can. And just look at the numbers who attend Saltex!! As has been said, with costs of fuel etc just to get there, this must be an important issue. Thanks Lee. Perhaps we could set up a petition on here, and present it at the APF to the organisers.

yeah set up a petition,

i've never paid to get in to either arb shows as my previous employer paid for it (thankyou mr & mrs taxpayer). and saltex is an excellent setup

in2006 i did work on trade stand though for the 3 days and camped over on the site for the full experience of the show.

hard work in the day but good laugh in the night.

i might do the same this year. all i did was contact my supplier i had spent the most money with, and yes i did get a huge discount of the next machine i bought... well worth it

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Need to sit back and wonder if it is going to be worth it now.

I know it cost and that is the Issue but is £15 really enough to make you consider not going. Thats only a largeish round at a pub.

I can cope paying 15 buckeroonies its not life and death.

Jamie

problem for me is, everyone's told me how theres easily 2 or even 3 days of stuff to see, plus a number of us were using it as an impromptu arbtalk social with a bit of camping as well. that makes the ticket price 24-37 quid!! which on top of the fuel to drive there, feeding myself, plus anything that took my fancy at the show itself, adds up to a number Im not sure I can justify.

I might have to miss out on the show part, and just enjoy the social element to the fun climbing day at Dean's wood.

does anyone know if you can actually camp there.

i know some people were refused camping in the carpark last time but that was the night before the show opened

i would suggest to see if ARBTALK could get members in at a discounted rate, but i know if you get a free ticket off exhibitors then they are paying for it, so apf still gets the money