CS40 and 41

Blakes 7

:fight::laola::2up::fu:

Who has their chipper tickets?

I know of someone who injured themselves with a chipper, and the insurance company paid out even though they did'nt have a ticket.

I know of a young lad being run over by a stump grinder, he got a pay out to.

And again I actually worked with a guy who got his arm dragged! into a forestry mulcher again insurance paid out, even though the operator was not formaly trained to use the machine!

Some of the guys I work with did their chipper tickets, took them about half hour to pass, £120 each for 3 lads half a day. All have been using chippers daily for over 5 years.

Also I think i'm right in saying you need to be reassed every 5 years to prove ongoing training!

i take your point but please ask your insurance company if i can drive your van i am a very experienced raleigh driver over 25 have plenty of experience but have no licence see where i am coming from......

i would be interested fir you to ring your insurance and be prepared to tell them you are doing dangerouse dismantles without actually being qualified and see what there response is

and just remember if you hurt someone or damaged property and insurance did not pay out you would have to and it looks to me that above people would have been payed out under employees liability which i cnat be bothered going into

and no you are not right H&S recomend updates every 5 years

Intresting Edenarb and Bob.

First off i'd like to make clear i'm all for training, and continuing professional development, so please don't misunderstand me.

And I forgot to point out all claims I pointed out were made on employees liability, i'd imagine PLI would be a different kettle of fish.

I get it ok, I may more than able to do the work, but the insurance company does'nt know that, having 40/41 would prove to them that I have reached a level of competence.

40/41 does'nt make someone experienced or truly competent, it all comes down to good on the job training. To often i've seen in-experienced climbers go out on dismantles, they get into bad habits make mistakes and never learn as they do not have the guidance or experience to guide them or realise they are doing it wrong.

O.k my rant over, i'm out as I don't have a clue what i'm talking about :)

:laola::party::party::wtf:

40/41 does'nt make someone experienced or truly competent, it all comes down to good on the job training. To often i've seen in-experienced climbers go out on dismantles, they get into bad habits make mistakes and never learn as they do not have the guidance or experience to guide them or realise they are doing it wrong

having 40 and 41 does not make anyone a good climber you are right a colleage of mine passed 10 years ago and is still crap and mates are good climbers and not qualified have just put 3 colleagues through 32 40 and 41 assessments only and they all had min 3 years experience only 1 year with us and breazed through apart from a few bad habits but they could work under supervision before passing as i think sending a man straight through all his tickets he would be a liability

I have all intentions of doing my 40/41, I justed wanted to wait until I was comfortable rigging a tree down.

Now I feel when I do the units I will be a able to learn some more new tricks rather than spend the time learning the basics, and iron out those bad habits (maybe).

If you ended up infront of some one whareing a wig with anouther wiged person asking you questions... when lest say you had just turn Mrs M car in to a soft top cos the rigging rope went ping and you did not have CS 41 to prove you new what you were dowing lets say... you might all change you minds... PS read small print in you insurance docs they might not cover you as well... Could work if you caused a hazard fro poor prunning distions and cuts... never been test in court thou but if its brown and sticky it sticks in this game.

Top Books as NPTC is only a basic skills test

ISA The art and science of Practical Rigging

E F Gilman An Illustrated Guide to Prunning

Look out for the new rigging reasurch which will be folowed by a UK "A Guide to Good riggging Practice" this will the become the industry best practice.