bent push rods !!

defenderjack

well this week hasnt excatly gone to plan ,

monday - turned up to job to find out gardner had done it for free at weekend !:thumbdown:

Tuesday-flat tyre

wenesday-hands covered in annoying blackthorns and pissing hard rain all day

only to here a strange noise coming from chipper , misfired a couple of times then saw a little oil leak coming from around tube that covers pushrods got back to garage and striped down engine to find one broken pushrod and another bent ! joy oh joy .

so my question is apart from obviously rplacing neccesary parts is there anything more sinister that i should be looking for as to why this happened , to me it looks like the little cup on top of the rod that sits under the rocker arm has snapped off so im geussing the other rod has compensated which is why that is bent ?:confused1:the other cylinder seems fine . i should have taken some pictures really .

its a lombardini engine 9ld if any body has experience of these .

many thanks . oh and does anyone know how expensive pushrods are ?

Pushrods are usually dirt cheap and are generally the only things damaged when things go bad, like a transit 2.5di for instance, if the timing belt does go worst ways a full set of push rods is about £50, they're hollow so bend saving the rest of the valve train. Dunno where or how much for your chipper though unfortunatley, you could have a go at straightening them?

hey billy , i was hoping that might be the case , :thumbup1:ive got your piccys all good , and thanks for the info on it . once ive got this week out the way and these problems sorted il know more what im doing if youve got potential buyers dont hold back but i am very tempted, just gota sort my finances out ! this week has not gone to plan !! thanks again mate