Bargain Defender tipper

Billy

I have a feeling that that defender used to belong to log merchants in cornwall. It certainly looks like one that was kicking around down here, esp the way the tipper is made.

...:sneaky2: hehe, lashers, equipment abusers?

Still, I like the standard body tipping idea, i'll have to look into that for my Dodge. :thumbup1:

...:sneaky2: hehe, lashers, equipment abusers?

Still, I like the standard body tipping idea, i'll have to look into that for my Dodge. :thumbup1:

owning and having seen others i dont like hicap body converted to tippers there is not enough strength in the buck to do it i have a hicap thats bent and its not a tipper thats just from 25 years of use ! the tipping frame has to be strong as the floors are not and the sidea are ally and will fail !

i know ill get flamed by at least one member who will say its fine but hey its a free world and being an ag fitter/engineer for 14 years i can say it :)

owning and having seen others i dont like hicap body converted to tippers there is not enough strength in the buck to do it i have a hicap thats bent and its not a tipper thats just from 25 years of use ! the tipping frame has to be strong as the floors are not and the sidea are ally and will fail !

i know ill get flamed by at least one member who will say its fine but hey its a free world and being an ag fitter/engineer for 14 years i can say it :)

true, the hicap body isn't strong enough to be a tip body without structural strengthening:001_smile:

I agree the 200 is probably the best engine ever in a landy, but there is no mention of major rebuilds and having near 180k miles it will be tired.

Not sure I would like to part with £4k on a 21 year old landy and depend on it for reliable service in the workplace.

Just my ten really, but Im sure it will sell anyhow so matters little i guess.

I agree Pete- that would be my worry TBH. 4k is cheap enough for a really well looked after one, but onew never knows til its too late lol!

I also think that the comment about butt strength is valid....I wouldnt think that a hi-cap butt wil take years of abuse. The one i took off to convert my landy was torn to pieces on the floor...the tailgate fell off driving up the road in the end as the sides pretty much fell off!!