hiring tractor with roof mount?

cosworth

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is one nice looking tractor did you specify the color

No I went up wilsons to have a look and he had 4 valtras up there 8950 8750 8150 and 8350 all differnet colour i chose the 8350 because it was low hours 6k and looked the cleanest ye its a nice colour

Nice I want to play with it!

I'd add a few side work lights makes a big difference when the nights are drawing in. How much would that cost to hire for a week?

ye some lights would be a good idea.after having the back wheel off the ground today having second thoughts about hiring it out:confused1: but havant put any water in the rear tyres yet its got some wheel weights already was picking a big ash up though

ye some lights would be a good idea.after having the back wheel off the ground today having second thoughts about hiring it out:confused1: but havant put any water in the rear tyres yet its got some wheel weights already was picking a big ash up though

How far off the ground?

10599d1233264540-timber-trailer-crane-combi-tractor-drawn-image164.jpg

Thats from another roof mount thread on here. They can get quite far over. I've done worse with the front end loader but never a crane.

Wheel weights are good but they're probally only a few hundred kg on each wheel. With a tonne on the grab at 5m thats a lot of moment. Water balast is a must makes a big difference. Even beter is a bit of belly balast.

It felt quite alot in the cab I dont really do big timber but I better put some water in them just incase I need to. its a shame you cant lock the front axlte to stop it swiveling that would help abit i reckon

It always does. I picked the rear wheels of a A series Valtra about a foot off the ground that was a seat clentching experence. Next time i did was a bit more confident and got to the point where nose diving was a posibility at that time it was time to put the log down and saw a bit off the end before putting it on the sawmill ramp.