Motor Tax on TD5s

18 stoner

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The fairest way is to put the tax on fuel, then those that guzzle it up pay, those that have a big engine but only do a few miles a year don't then pay road tax for non use.

Don't know if you've noticed it, but they already do tax fuel!

:mad1:

Don't know if you've noticed it, but they already do tax fuel!

:mad1:

Yes and I don't mind that, it's a fair system, charging someone £450 tax who's motor does hardly any miles is not a fair tax.

Tax the people that use fuel not the ones that don't. It creates the same effect only targets the right people, if you have a big or inefficeint car you will use it less or buy a more efficeint one. You will also walk the kids the hundred yards to school instead of running them in the car

Dean,

I thought you owned a 300TDI 130? In which case they don't fit the same tax brackets as a TD5.

Your 130 Legally requires a Class 7 MOT your test station is braking the law if its having a standard class 4.

Oh and as a foot note our firm is now buying 110 Double cabs and taxing them as light commercial's thus £175 a year.

the other thing im worried about is we have the new IVA coming in next year (Individual vehicle approval) to replace the existing SVA. having read over the draft handbook, its very sensible actually, but I do wonder if you're not able to keep an age related plate and get a Q, whether you'll be able to dodge the big tax. Probably not

pre-2001 defenders should be in the same categories that theyre in currently. probably the 6 months 100 quid, one year 185 or whatever it is.

interestingly, some very early td5s do slip through the net before the cutoff date!

Dean,

I thought you owned a 300TDI 130? In which case they don't fit the same tax brackets as a TD5.

Your 130 Legally requires a Class 7 MOT your test station is braking the law if its having a standard class 4.

oops sorry, it's pre 2001.

I must check out the MOT situation, I bet he thinks it's a 110