Broken chestnut stem.

Rupe

people would start talking about how i turn up with a monster crane for 2 hours work and still charge them 450.

i would end up with no work, Because people like to see you work for your money plus its not always the case to just turn up with a crane, blocking roads is extra cost from highways then theres traffic management, so now the job has gone from £450 to £1250 now if that was me i know which quote i would choose.

Well we sell the crane job to the client on the very basis on what you say would actually cost you the job. The fact that we are in and out in a couple of hours really appeals to a lot of people. No guys trampling and dragging stuff all over the place all day or longer....sawdust, collateral etc, zero! Blocking highways is another matter altogether, that can also happen without a crane is not really what Rupe and I were discussing anyway friend:001_smile:

Marc, I have lots of footage of the 10T but nothing really smaller than that.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well we sell the crane job to the client on the very basis on what you say would actually cost you the job. The fact that we are in and out in a couple of hours really appeals to a lot of people. No guys trampling and dragging stuff all over the place all day or longer....sawdust, collateral etc, zero! Blocking highways is another matter altogether, that can also happen without a crane is not really what Rupe and I were discussing anyway friend:001_smile:

Sorry reg didn't mean that wrong in anyway, and i know that traffic mang didn't come into the conversation with you and rupe, but was just depicting a scenario where i've lost on jobs before where i thought a crane would be usefull and some other tree firm didn't, but if they had used one then yes all the factors that you describe do come into play, i was just thinking the way rupe priced his job is more or less how i would of done, probably without thinking of a crane to.:thumbup1: