unimog

tree fella

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi guys thanks for all the response i probley wont run on red deisel lol be my luck i get stoped and have it taken and cushed any more info on mogs would be great will probley looking to get one end of year.do u guys that have mogs run them daily. didnt mean to start a unimog war ive only just joined and this was my first post

Edited by tree fella

hi guys thanks for all the response i probley wont run on red deisel lol be my luck i get stoped and have it taken and cushed any more info on mogs would be great will probley looking to get one end of year do u guys that have mogs run them daily

your not far from me... i'm J16 mM25.. if you wanna come have look/drive of mine feel free..

Do you know the specific regulation that made it illegal for agricultural vehicles to use motorway was repealed quite a few years ago and no longer exists! it was replaced with a minimum speed limit that a vehicle MUST be capable of under its own power on level ground lawfully which if I recall is 30mph

I had heard something along these lines but seen no written details so as the Entrance Signs/Highway Code still said no had stayed off them. It would save me a load of time.:thumbup:

I had also heard one could do 50mph but think it is 40mph:001_rolleyes:

we only use the chip to put down about foot thick every time we clean sheds out.. then bed with straw as usual.. chip does good job of soakin moisture and holdin it. straw goes lot further. we use neat chip on outside areas... only problem with chip[ is we're still ploughing it back out the ground every year.. doesnt rot like straw..

We did some trials around ten years ago and used fresh Larch in 10cm square chunks which allowed muck/urine to drain and the chips were burnt afterwards for bio fuels:w00t: Cows gave more milk and less feet/teet issues.

:

hi guys thanks for all the response i probley wont run on red deisel lol be my luck i get stoped and have it taken and cushed any more info on mogs would be great will probley looking to get one end of year.do u guys that have mogs run them daily. didnt mean to start a unimog war ive only just joined and this was my first post
:lol::lol::lol:

I run a u1600 with a 10" chipper on the back and find it to be way more useful than any other vehicles i have had (transit tippers, 4x4's etc) but this is due to the ammount of comercial and utilitty work we carry out as opposed to domestic, this in its self makes it a worth while tool but i do not think that if the mojority of my work was domestic i would have a mog . we burn about 150 litres of derv every week but for still wel worth while when it comes to going anywhere and removing large quantities of chip and timber . But i certainly think a mog is a big commitment. when they go wrong they aint cheep to fix .

I would maybe re think getting a u1500 as they are a bit more bulky than a u1200 or even a u1600 .

thats good to no... we got 2 new holland tractors with 50k [30mph] boxes and air brakes.. and a fastrac that does 40 mph...i thought they were all to slow for motorway..

your "2 new holland tractors" can only do 20mph legally on the public road (like most tractors), thus they cannot attain 30mph lawfully thus are effectively band from the motorway as they cannot lawfully attain 30mph.

tree fella, unimogs are a cheaper faster way to get a big chipper to site, think about how many times you could use it now, they are not alot wider than a transit but are higher:001_tt2: . depending on the size of chipper you have on the back thy can be good for big takedowns or horrific thorny jobs, be careful offroad they will go anywhere but they do leave there mark:blushing: