MS460 Big Bore - Magnum muffler

Omniata

Got the rev specs from the Stihl manual and the supplier...

The clutch starts to kick in at about ~3000rpm, so 2750 is borderline, but happy...

I've had it up to ~13750 but want to bed it in properly before letting it out to make sure everything is happy.

Then again, I'm suffering with blocked ears from catarrh so I may have missed the 4 stroking :confused1:

Then again, you have to be gentle opening the throttle, but once going that's it, you choose either full or idle!!!:biggrin:

Ok, the reason I asked was if there was a saw ever built the same as your spec there should be a manufacturers setting.

However, in my experience modding saws you usually find the factory figures are way out and can only be set by ear listening for the 4 stroke crackle.

Ok, the reason I asked was if there was a saw ever built the same as your spec there should be a manufacturers setting.

However, in my experience modding saws you usually find the factory figures are way out and can only be set by ear listening for the 4 stroke crackle.

Ok... I'll run it in for a bit then slowly open her up...

The saw wants to run fast, could tell that from adjusting the carb, how would you describe the "crackle", like "bacon frying"???

Mmmm, not real sure how to describe the sound in words!:blushing:

I guess one of the easy ways to hear it is run another saw you know is running right, note the sound then listen for it on the modded one.:thumbup1:

Hmmmm, should have recorded it before modding :blushing:

I've a few links to go through with modded saws and the sounds to look for so should get somewhere...

As I was bringing it up to ~14000 it sounded happy...

Ok... I'll run it in for a bit then slowly open her up...

The saw wants to run fast, could tell that from adjusting the carb, how would you describe the "crackle", like "bacon frying"???

I would describe four stroking as being on the edge of a very slight misfire due to being too rich. If the saw stinks of un burnt fuel in use you have gone too far. If the saw runs like a dream an revs like mad and cuts like never before it could be too leaned out. Its difficult to explain but if you cook a piston it all becomes clearer I would tend to run a bit more toward the rich side when running in.

Sounds a bit like what my saws doing now ;) , well before he opens the H up...

Will definitely open her up a bit after running it in ;)

EDIT: How much are you selling the 260 for?!

Just checked my 260FB,it is in a very bad condition,the main bearings are shot bigtime,that the flywheel has made a hole in the jug,3-4 fins are missing.On clutch side,the brake wire around the clutch drum is shot....

I don´t know about the crank..... but it´s not broken

I personally think,that it´s should be a parts saw........

Edited by Stihl4Life.DK