BF2 Bridge Replacement

Lancstree

I'm on my second bridge for the current harness. I requested a new bridge because the outer black webbing has worn to a point where you can nearly see inside and put your finger in. The wear is covers about 1-2 inch of it. The boss says... 'its right innit, that's just the outer coating, its just when the load bearing part starts wearing you get it replaced innit?'

What's the recommended wear on these bridges before they are to be put out of use. I would say for such a critical part that is so easy to replace every six month, replace once the protective coating starts to open up. A few quid for the sake of a life.

Once the "load bearing part" starts to wear, it has been weakened to below its original rating. I wouldnt use a bridge worn to that extent, tell him not to be so tight!

You could try making up a different type of bridge with a replaceable outer cover, like this redirect.

04062008107.jpg.0d4090f01e2dddd2897ec51ec40248fe.jpg

The damage appears only on the black sheath at the moment. Is the load bearing part white in colour?

Without seeing it, i could not guess the colour. A picture would be usefull.

IF the damage is to the sheath ONLY, then why not just replace that? However the bridges are not expensive, so you do have options.