Bombing out of the canopy

Paul Smith

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lockjack is excellent for fast decents, among other things.

I would like to interject a word here on those that have tried the Lockjack and then dismissed it and to those who may be reluctant to try it based on those reports.

Most of us require years with the climbing systems that we use to become confident and competent. Using a Lockjack is not the same as just tying a different knot. It is a different system. It would be unreasonable to expect the level of confidence felt with your current climbing system immediately on the Lockjack.

I have used virtually all systems in tree climbing. Currently my preferred system is the Lockjack, followed closely by the hitch climber and a VT.

But horses for courses...:001_smile:

Dave

i use a lock jack have done for years now i get on well with it, though i have just purchased a spider jack, have not had chance to really use it yet, in a work situation. had a little climb at home on it and seems easier to use straight off than the lockjack, there are some pros and cons to it. shall see how it fairs. and post up a opinion.

i have used everthing i have ever come across and am using the spider at the moment and after a couple of months have tweeked the system to one i prefere over the lockjack though every system has some drawbacks which is why imo you may need different systems for different trees and fast desents must be a concern for some as well as good fun

I think it was having a go with your spiderjack Bob that gave me a renewed interest in my lockjack and have stuck with it since.

May get the spiderjack at the APF.

after friday not using it for a couple of weeks if you fancy having a borrow

imo spiderjacks and lockjacks are too expensive to find you dont like them