stump treatment

bubbles

Also if you have guys who spray amateur pesticides on a regular basis and then 10 years time develop some sort of skin allergy/whatever then they could conceivably sue you for compo. You would have to be able to prove they were adequately trained- Question is though would it be a defendable position to say' I told them to read the label and provided the appropriate PPE.

This would not in my opinion be proof of competence or would it?

I don't think the H&S executive website details this well

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also if you have guys who spray amateur pesticides on a regular basis and then 10 years time develop some sort of skin allergy/whatever then they could conceivably sue you for compo.

Then the product owners and the store would be liable. I'm no lawyer, but I do know if you sell something it has to be fit for purpose and safe to use.

Found it, try this HSE link Using pesticides in the garden - Home page

Go half way down the page to the section entitled Ameteur and Professional Use. Then the HSE clearly say "If a product is approved for ameteur use you do not need further training". Sorry, but I think it's important that we do not gold plate every piece of legislation. I admit, if I was to put your case for a second that a lot of the guidance is ambiguous but I would argue that this part is clear.

I agree this page is clear. The point is though it is referring to a person applying amateur pesticides on their own land.

This is where we offer information and advice to those using pesticides in their garden, allotment, or on their houseplants.

I agree this page is clear. The point is though it is referring to a person applying amateur pesticides on their own land.

Xaltu, then at worst it's a grey area, if in doubt read the label, and if it says for domestic use or for home and garden only; well, your rule would apply.