Child hood hero!

Pat Ferrett

Has tobe my old man wasnt around much when I was younger due to him working a lot of overtime in order to put food on the tablw and for us to go on hols, but he is now 72 and am a lot closer now than we ever been.

My dad still daren't say that mate he is a bit too macho old haha but I know it he let's it out every now and again he's just been strict with me to push me to be the best I can. He's done a good job of bringing me and Owa youngen up but he still thinks we are 14 and keeps pushing us haha

I know what you mean . My Dad still does the back seat driver thing slow down , indicate and so on . Being strict is good as it gives you boundaries .

:001_smile:

Yeah, my dad to. Didn't get to see alot of him when I was young and now make every attempt to ask for his advice, include him in projects and just drop by for a beer.

Worked like mad when I was kid to feed a family of seven.

Most amazing punch ever! Watched him fly thru the air, landing a punch on this drunks face. knocking him out cold with his teeth on the ground. Drunk was scaring a best friend and little sister just a few homes down the street.

Another time a violent bully chased us home and near into the house, lucky dad was home, he quickly closed the garage behind the bully and beat him with some lumber.

5'4'' and all torso, filled with a great big heart.

I know what you mean . My Dad still does the back seat driver thing slow down , indicate and so on . Being strict is good as it gives you boundaries .

:001_smile:

Haha my dad learned me to drive and instead of sitting in the passenger seat he sat in the middle of the back seats so everytime I saw his scary face in the rear view mirror ha Ha

Hero is a word thrown about by the media today way too much. For some reason sports stars, pop stars etc seem to become heroes though I don't know why. Proper heroes are those that fought for our freedom etc and in my case as well as a few others by the look of it, my old man. He brought me up on his own from when I was 10 and although we had a hardish life we were never short of love. I remember the old man taking us away on holiday to yorkshire, scotland, wales etc and being fit as a fiddle and strong as an ox. It makes me sad to see him getting older and frailer but he will always be THE MAN in my eyes.

Ha ha ha sounds like quite a character . I,ll have to drop in on you one day . When I,m on my way to Newbiggin :thumbup:

He certainly is mate :001_smile: one of the main things I admire him for is I've seen him time after time stop people being bullied and taking people without a lot of confidence under his wing:thumbup:

Aye wel have to have a pint sometime mate might see you at a show sometime I've never been to one but fancy it.

He certainly is mate :001_smile: one of the main things I admire him for is I've seen him time after time stop people being bullied and taking people without a lot of confidence under his wing:thumbup:

Aye wel have to have a pint sometime mate might see you at a show sometime I've never been to one but fancy it.

Cool look forward to that . Soon I hope :thumbup: