I'm undecided regarding winch purchase

difflock

Yep, I appreciate the difference a brash mat makes, since that is my only option once in the forest, it is the 400 or 500m of moss rodden I need to traverse to get that length, that is more of a problem, I know I should preservere and drag the whole trees ever furthur before delimbing in order to pave it:blushing:

I'll get there yet.

PS

Perhaps a new toy = winch would stir me to greater efforts

Cheers

M

Yep, I appreciate the difference a brash mat makes, since that is my only option once in the forest, it is the 400 or 500m of moss rodden I need to traverse to get that length, that is more of a problem, I know I should preservere and drag the whole trees ever furthur before delimbing in order to pave it:blushing:

I'll get there yet.

PS

Perhaps a new toy = winch would stir me to greater efforts

Cheers

M

Delimb them in the wood but stack up the brash. Then pick it up with the trailer & grab and extend the mat out of the wood. But your right new toys do encourage more work.

I had thought of that but neither got the reach with my wee crane, to clear the rear of the trailer nor the width on the rodden to work to the side, without the distinct possibility of ending up in the 8 foot deep sheaugh I got alongside.

I already visited a shallower sheaugh, but that was entirely due to the bald tyres :lol:honest,( and the reason I splashed for new ones)

PS

brash got me out of that one without the neighbours finding out:001_tt2:

thanks anyway.

I played with the crane on the three point linkage of the tractor for a while but it is better/simpler left on the trailer.

sigh

PPS

Did I mention I hanker for a Valtra with a roof mounted crane and reverse drive.

Plus a wee winch on the crane

plus a Farmi 4.5 tonne hydraulic front mounted winch on the tractor ( for self recovery)

Double sigh

Edited by difflock