valtra 8750 botex?

cosworth

i had one a couple of years back, it had solid wheels and the tires were filled with water and i had to have front weights put on it as when it had the chipper on it bounced like heck. the roof crane was ok but could be unstable. my mate had a 560 on a timber trailer and it was run of pto, it could lift a lot more weight than mine on the roof.

I'm not sure but i think Stephen Blair had one of these. Not a Botex crane though think it was Kelsa.

The 8750 is a big tractor best part of 200hp so not really in the woods nippy like the smaller 6400 or even the smaller 8000 to some extent. If Wilsons have put the crane on they've probally wighted it up. Although looking at the picture it doesn't look like it.

I've had a go on a 8100 with a FMV roofmount. That has front weights and wheel wights.

Its quite a heavy tractor. I'd put a front weight block on it, set of front and back wheel weights and water ballast tires. Maybe a bit of belly balast too. The 560 is a fantastic crane pitty with a tractor that big i'd of wanted a 570 or 580 on it.

You'll always lift more on the trailer than on the roof. But roof gives you much more versatility. The 560 will lift 2.5 or 2.8 on the trailer. I think you'd get 1.8 maybe 2 on the roof. You could make some stabliers legs to go on the 3pl that run off a spool for extra stablity with the roof mount/

I'm not sure but i think Stephen Blair had one of these. Not a Botex crane though think it was Kelsa.

The 8750 is a big tractor best part of 200hp so not really in the woods nippy like the smaller 6400 or even the smaller 8000 to some extent. If Wilsons have put the crane on they've probally wighted it up. Although looking at the picture it doesn't look like it.

I've had a go on a 8100 with a FMV roofmount. That has front weights and wheel wights.

Its quite a heavy tractor. I'd put a front weight block on it, set of front and back wheel weights and water ballast tires. Maybe a bit of belly balast too. The 560 is a fantastic crane pitty with a tractor that big i'd of wanted a 570 or 580 on it.

You'll always lift more on the trailer than on the roof. But roof gives you much more versatility. The 560 will lift 2.5 or 2.8 on the trailer. I think you'd get 1.8 maybe 2 on the roof. You could make some stabliers legs to go on the 3pl that run off a spool for extra stablity with the roof mount/

I like the idea with the stabalizer legs,have been looking for a county with a roof mounted but there impossible to find a good one,so i thnk ill have to bite the bullet and go for a valtra.

I like the idea with the stabalizer legs,have been looking for a county with a roof mounted but there impossible to find a good one,so i thnk ill have to bite the bullet and go for a valtra.

Yea came up with the idea a little while ago. If you have front linkage with spools you could do the same out front, well if you have front spools you could make it part of the weight box.

Be about twice the price for a Valtra. It maybe worth buying a valtra elsewhere and sending it to Wilsons for conversion. Then you can choose your crane as they put a 560TL on eveything. I think the 560 is about 18+vat the 570 is 19 and the 580 is 21. I'm still clinging to the dream of a 8050/8100 with a 570TL roof mount. Will have to more likely get a 570 on a 10 tonne euro trailer.

Hi, we are currently running a Valtra 8450 with a 570 Botex crane it does not have wheel weights but the tyres are filled with water.

The crane works very well but on some occasions can feel a little unstable but you do get use to it.

I've added a few pics of the tractor

100_0426.jpg

100_0400.jpg

100_0472.jpg