Log Splitter for start-up company

ash_smith123

no worries I will give you a call around lunch time,

Cheers Ash

Check out thor you cant beat em built to last and will split everything you throw at it . When i bought our thor i spent ages ringing round getting demo s i could not afford to get it wrong in the end got a thor from joe turnner and its spot on.

Ash,

I got myself a WL10 Multipla from the guys at Fuelwood in Warwick, well built bit of kit, table has three positions, ram guide can be adjusted to take from 200mm to about 600mm to save time on different sized logs. I've given it some gnarly lumps and it didn't chunter, sips juice too.

well pleased with it (so's my back!) :-)

first I looked at a diesel engine with a PTO or hydraulic pump for a log splitter but they are about 700 quid each..Would a little 20hp mitsubishi tractor and PTO/hydraulic splitter do it as well, for roughly the same amount? I've seen a few little tractors for sale on ebay and other plant sites and plenty of tractor'd log splitters. I'd have to be careful on what I bought weight wise becuase post 1997 driving licenses are f- all useful unless you work in a bank or factory.

At the moment I am using an axe. However my garden is almost hollow underneath thanks to moles. I have lost one big round log in the soil thanks to this.