Ingersoll 2 way splitter

renewablejohn

I am looking for a splitter to stand at the side of my Palax combi by the elevator to crack very large rings which wont fit into the Palax. Obviously it cannot be PTO powered as the Palax is on the PTO therefore it needs to run off the tractor hydraulics. My tractor is an old MF550 so has slow hydraulics compared to new tractors so bearing that in mind I have found a 20 tonne 2 way splitter which would get over this problem. see youtube clip.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zjua6Tu49Ak[/ame]

Does anybody know a dealer who sells them as I am struggling to find in UK. Has anybody used them and if so are they practical for splitting large rings.

Just found a company in Canada which manufactures them complete with log lifter. Does anybody import them into UK as it looks good kit.

Split-Fire Sales Inc. :: 4403 Woodsplitter :: Quality Built. High Performance. Split-Fire - Your Best Choice

tractorboy

thanks for getting the link working I am useless on computers

Are you sure you couldn't get a local blacksmith to make you up one of these, instead of importing all that steel from Canada?

A splitter knife from an old processor, piece of steel I-beam and a double-acting tipper ram from an old trailer. Would be a lot cheaper and, if built properly, just as effective.

3p_4403.jpg

Hi

Wallenstein Tractor Models

We presently have in stock the following models.

All models have 4” Ram and 24” Splitting Length with 20 tonne of force.

WX310- £645.00 Horizontal

WX350- £699.00 Vertical

WX370- £999.00 Horizontal & Vertical

Price includes VAT & Delivery.

Andrew

07968 747414

Andrew

I did not think Wallenstein do a 2 way splitter. Its the reduced cycle time that appeals to me with the split fire splitters.