Surveyor Required

Highland Forestry

I assume from the way that's worded Matthew, you either do not know what a day rate should be, or you perhaps hope to pay less than you have in mind by getting prospective employees to commit before they know....?

Employers do this sort of thing all the time. I am consistently wary of the requisites and desirables etc in ads. Sometimes asking for degree level quals with years & years of experience all for pittance and a 6 week contract in the out back of beyond anywhere you'd want to be!

Its a depressing cycle of events!

I assume from the way that's worded Matthew, you either do not know what a day rate should be, or you perhaps hope to pay less than you have in mind by getting prospective employees to commit before they know....?

Employers do this sort of thing all the time. I am consistently wary of the requisites and desirables etc in ads. Sometimes asking for degree level quals with years & years of experience all for pittance and a 6 week contract in the out back of beyond anywhere you'd want to be!

Its a depressing cycle of events!

How on earth have you managed to come up with your conclusions from the post, its reads very simple to me.

Mathew is looking for a competent person in the west midlands to survey some sites for about 8 weeks, end of. Its no different than the hundreds of threads looking for climbers or groundsman. If your not interested in the role go and do your extensive detective work & psychological analysis on someones elses thread.

How on earth have you managed to come up with your conclusions from the post, its reads very simple to me.

Mathew is looking for a competent person in the west midlands to survey some sites for about 8 weeks, end of. Its no different than the hundreds of threads looking for climbers or groundsman. If your not interested in the role go and do your extensive detective work & psychological analysis on someones elses thread.

My comments were way more generalised than you have interpreted...(on someone elses behalf I note!) and only the remark about rates was pertinent...

Dont wonder that we all are tarred with the same brush despite attitudes from some on forums (generally, & this one) which makes you assume someone is having a go.

I dont think people always want to pay the least. Some may know full well what a job or contract is worth, to them and their employees...Ive worked for people who were not good at business. I learnt this from experience, being without a great deal of experience myself at the time.

I made my observation as an arborist who again finds himself lacking experience i n a field on endeavour aboricultural....but with considerably more years of life experiences since then.

it may be innocent. It may be you open your big mouth, put in a small number and get paid peanuts for your trouble. No harm in asking. Matthew does not have a gun to his head if he chooses not to reply.

Thanks for the lesson on how to read and write and interpret the world...Ill not be taking too much notice though if you dont mind.

Dear Bundle2...

Do you want to apply for the contract or are you just rambling?

My initial post was a general statement that was aimed to get across a few key points:

a) There is a contract available for somebody with some experience

b) I want an e-mail and some details about this person as nobody wants to bring in the wrong person for a job

c) the contract will last roughly 8 weeks

d) it is based in the west midlands

The contract will be paid on a day rate basis and therefore I want to know what day rate anybody applying would expect - I do not want to pay a 'pittance' and I also do not want to pay too much. This gives the oppotunity of negotiation and entering into a dialogue about day rates and I feel this is fair.

If you have a problem with this then that is your perogative - if you do not have a problem with this then please reply with somehting constructive or do not reply at all.