I need new tyres!!

_tc

Let the tyre pressures down and lift the woodchipper up high on the linkage to avoid being a plough. Should drive out then with diff locks on.

Thanks mate i think you would be right, trouble is i cant lift the chipper any higher.

Managed to winch her out this arvo and once the front wheels were out the chipper cleared and she drove out bald tyres and all!

The base on the chipper is very deep. i will call TP to see if they do a different base with liftable legs.

IMG_0425.jpg.a84a07613e706a09a27eb0a4208617d8.jpg

junk the original stand and make up one with retractable legs. weld up a frame that uses the 4 bolt fixing on the base of the chipper then weld some large box section steel on the edge of the frame that will act as a sleeve to the legs made from another piece of smaller box. drill a few holes so you can vary the height of the legs when the chipper is down.

We had a chain that limited how low the arms would drop, it was fixed up by the top arm i think, then down onto the arms. Then when we dropepd the chipper it always sat at the correct height.

good idea to keep the drive shaft sitting at the right angle. theres 2 holes on the arms, one lifts more weight one lifts higher

It's the huge base on the chipper that's the problem as the arms are right up and the shoot is up very close to the back of the chip box. I have run the chipper with the base off before to gain clearance to a site and sat it down on a log when in operation. I will make up a bracket with sliding legs so I don't bottom out anymore.