Free Labour for Climbing Practice

Jonny Burch

Hi

As the title of this thread says I'd like to get in some practice before taking my cs38.

I used to help a mate of mine on his jobs and although he's a top bloke and a great mate some of his climbing techniques don't seem quite right to me. The worst was having to call the ambulance when his saw bounced into his left forearm whilst cutting and holding. Luckily it was only a flesh wound and he suffered no permanent damage but the scar and the blood he lost is a reminder to me to get the proper training and hopefully not put me in the same position as what happened to him!

As a friend he has offered to help with some rec climbs but I'd rather learn from someone else rather than pick up the bad techniques I've seen him use.

He is a great mate but when it comes to work I have to put myself and my families interests first.

Anyways I'm 34, have cs 30/31 pre 97 driving license(clean), own kit and willing to work hard. I just want to have a bit more practice before shelling out on a weeks tuiton.

If anyones needs some help on a job or two please get in touch

Thanks

Jonny:001_smile:

Hi Lorry

Cheers for the reply. He's a really good mate, infact I feel more like an older brother to him sometimes and am always on the lookout for him. He does do some cracking work but he cut's corners or takes too many risks for my liking.

Again being new to all this it's not my place to judge but after reading countless posts on here I realise that If I'm going to make a name for myself then going down that road is not the way to go.