Best log splitter?

samtheman365

Got max 1k budget & im looking for min 9t petrol vertical splitter any one got any recommendations? i

It will be used for 18" - 24" dia rings 10"-15" long

Cheers

Sam

For £1K you'll not get a petrol splitter that's going to last very long doing that sort of size timber.

Double the budget and you'll be gettign closer

I should be getting my new splitter setup this weekend

Brand new 10ton vertical splitter £450

2nd hand honda engined powerpack £400 inc a breaker gun and hoses

There's always 2nd hand hydraulic power packs going for £200-£500 on ebay depending on make/model/size/condition/location

If you can weld and have access to a workshop, why not have a go at building a splitter to suit your needs.

There's plenty of info on the web regards building a splitter, there pretty basic by design.

I made this one. It runs off a mini digger or tractor hydraulics, cost small money to make.[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5AZyvVyHnXQ]YouTube - log splitter[/ame]

Edited by Splitter