Just a bit of fun

RobRainford

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If you want proper power to weight ratio and dogs to hold you in the tree then look no further boys, Oh and dont rush out tomorrow and try and buy one of these unless you ve got mega money CS 007 on your ticket and dont mind the six month waiting list :lol::lol::lol:

017.jpg.986abb28dda675133eca368255ad8636.jpg

Edited by Pat Ferrett

I've looked through the exploded manual of the 660 and there are a few models that had bigger spikes ie the magnum-r and the arctic. Might get some and have a change round which model are those off if you know?

Came from Baileys, these might be them though. :confused1:

Bailey's - Pro-Safety Felling Dogs for Stihl 044/064/066/MS 440 and 660

Edited by Cut4fun

For cutting firewood a 16" bar is good but what is the biggest sensible saw you would use. I like the idea of small bar big saw but with small bar it must be a bit unbalanced and you must be carrying the weight of the saw all day ?

A big saw on a small bar is handy as you don't strain the saw and hence use less fuel. But a small saw is easier to work with. It's a compromise.

I used to have an 18" on my 260 because that's all I had. I likes the weight of it. I've now changed to a 13" because it's even better for snedding. Ive got a 20" coming for the 660 which will be the bigger saw for felling and bigger discing up. That then leaves me with a set of 3 saws. All I need. I'll be getting a 25" for the 660 too as I get some site clearance jobs from time to time and a bigger bar is handy.

i keep thinking of buying a tiny toy stihl like a 181? or something for them days i don't feel like having my arms stretched by real saws, my fave is 460 with 16'' bar for firewood.

Ed get a 260. Easy to play with and still half a real saw. Just a little one. I'd happily let you play with mine for a day if you wanted