Boxing Day Hunt Meets

Matthew Arnold

If they are all carrying on as they did before, dos'nt it say something about the stupidty of this so called ban.

I can take as many dogs as I want to hunt a rabbit, but only two to hunt a fox, hare or deer, to flush towards guns.

I can take a bird of prey to kill a fox, hare, but not a dog.

How can I shoot a fox, leave it wounded and dying of gangrene and not break the law.

The hunting ban had nothing to do with animal welfare, it was all about Labour hitting back at the "toffs" as revenge for the miners strike, "Two jags" admitted that. How many hours of parliamentary time did it take up, how many thousands of pounds were spent ramming through a bill on something that the vast majority of people never gave a thought too.

Oh yes, and was'nt it about that time that Tony Blair took us into a war that has cost this country millions of pounds, hundreds of lives and a lasting legacy of a terrorist threat, it's a shame they did'nt put more thought into running the country instead of banning hunting!

And has the ban done anything for foxes, nope, there are far more killed today than pre-ban.

Exactly. Its a massive waste of money and is a waste of police resources. How many people have been jailed because of the ban? The only reason they were jailed is because of groups such as LACS and even the RSPCA has got involved with some court cases. The RSPCA withdrew their support of LACS after LACS protesters set fire to a hatchery containing thousands of pheasant poults. Its strange that its the hunts that get the bollocking if an anti gets hurt. Even though the anti was attacking a horse and rider.

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I gather 700hrs were spent getting fox hunting banned and only 7 on weather to invade Iraq.

hmmmmm which in the long run which would you think is more important. Having participated in both I know. 179 human lives not to mention the numbers injured or a few cute little foxes.

Is anyone going down to their local hunt meet on Boxing day?

no way been there ,done that ,seen sense. hunting these days is mainly full of over weight ,toffee nosed people who carn't ride very well .i shall be muck spreading our fields when the hunt expects to come through ha ha ha!.more importantly is these so called hunt followers driving around in there RR sports cars blocking up the lanes for us locals,also with our local hunt there is about 4/5 pratts ripping up down the lanes on quads ..... no tax ,no helmets ,no reg numbers on them and riding 2up.....how do they get away with it beats me! .

I wasn't going to post anything on here but I have to get it off my chest now. When I saw the title I thought it might get a bit of a debate going, not as bad as I'd thought though.

It makes my blood boil to hear people shouting about stopping this and that - mainly townies that want to live in the countryside but not live the country way.

Arborist sounds like a hipocrit, been and done it but wants to stop other people trying it for themselves and making their own mind up.

Banning hunting was the worst thing for the fox. Now you'll get an old farmer having a go at shooting a fox and probably mameing it and suffering a much slower and traumatic death than with the hounds. One good thing with the hounds at least you know it will be dead. It was the same banning hand guns - gun crime is on the rise all the time. Labour had no idea how to deal with rural issues - foot and mouth - another one.

I can and do go out with the rifle and lamp and shoot more foxes in an evening than a hunt would get in a week, I have never shot at a fox and missed, I squeak them into a distance of LESS than 100 yards and dispatch them with 1 well placed shot. The bullet hits them at more than 3 times the speed of sound, their stone dead before they hit the ground.

I have a great deal of respect for foxes but they do need to be kept in check.

Im sure that you will all agree that if your number was up you d rather be dispatched with a rifle, rather than be chased by men on horse back and a pack of hounds.

If your out over christmas BE SAFE and if your not sure dont pull the trigger :thumbup1:

PS If we could find the scum that keep knicking our tools every time we turn our backs and chase them on horse back ( change that to quad bike) then its a different thing all together:001_cool: Those bar stuards deserve to feel the chewing at their ancles as they go feet first through the jaws of a timberwolf.

people that don't go shooting or support hunting etc dont understand the respect that we give to an animal or bird. Vermin needs to be controlled. People think everything has a right to live - it does but it has to be in balance. I don't want anything to become extinct but the amount of crows and magpies around us is growing rapidly and does need to be addressed but these birds are clever and more difficult to outwit, unlike the easier target in comparison to the partridge or pheasant on a drive. I haven't been shooting for quite a few years but i will not give up my shotgun certificate as I'm determined to start again. I do like to shoot the odd woodpigeon that visit my cabbages though. The breasts fried quickly with salad leaves that he was probably going to have a go at after the cabbages is wonderful. Even got my near townie partner jumping up and shouting "There's a pigeon in the veg can you shoot it?" mission acomplished!

MarkG - Hipocrit why? Im not stopping any one or telling any one not to go to the boxing day meet or go hunting at all throughout the hunting season at all, If so please point out to me where I have said that.

All ive done on here is to give an insite to what goes on inside the kennels and behind closed doors. with the pack I hunted with and packs that were close to us and others I knew.

Most people who may go hunting to make up there minds will not go near the kennels except opendays let alone go out and dig out foxs for the next days hunt so how can they make up there minds tell me? all ive done is give my opinion and some inside knowledge which hunts dont want to to be common knowledge... Did I mention the kh who put the beagles down with a pitch fork? not nice eh!! So no anybody on here that is deep into hunting isnt going to be happy with what I have written,

MarK G

Vermin needs to be controlled and in a ba;;anced way.

So tell me why most of the farmes we hunted on with the Beagles waited for us to have our days hunting on there farm and then and only then have a driven hair shoot!

Yep thats vermin controll and in a balanced way!

Hipocrit is not the right word really. It just seems that reading between the lines that you're on the other side of the fence now and ridiculing the hunting fraternaty for what you have done/seen. Like Cousin Jack said there are bad apples in every barrel. Things may never change, I don't agree with the things that you've seen/done but I'm not sure what the answer is to stopping it is I'm sure it's not banning hunting though.

As far as 'in balance' I meant that crows and magpies are taking over around here and need controlling to give other game/song birds a chance to thrive. Hare is game and not vermin.

I compleatly agree with killing vermin, if I could have my way id eradicate every grey squirrel from this country and reintroduce our native red.

Some things do have to be killed but this must be done humainly!

I havent so much as gone to the otherside of the fence as such and become an anit as i have never sabed a hunt. All im trying to say is that the picture seen on boxing day is just a small peice of the hunt world and most people dont get to see the rest which I have given an insite into which quite understanderbly pro hunting people dont like to be heard.

Has any body else had any involvement with hunt kennels?