a well earned rant!

Dilz

I recently did a job for a construction company (well a small one) removing 3 oaks prior to under-pinning work. The Bigger Company that had passed the job down to him, went under owing him a small fortune. He rang me apologetically explaining the situation. I just explained that my contract was with him and that as such his debt was to me, and that whatever was going on between him and the other company was of no interest to me. He sent a cheque the next day for the full amount, and yes it did clear. Take no bull from anyone Dilz. If he is right and you owe him for diesel, deduct that from the total, and bill the remainder, better to get 2900 than nothing.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well having just spent the last few hours talking to those in the know i'm making progress - my situation is a bit tricky becuase its a swedish company that owes me and i'm back in the uk for a while sorting out family stuff, i Have done the whole agreement thing - i sat down with the woman in charge of all the staff and finances and we reached an agreement; all was well, we even discused the fuel and came the conclusion i dint owe anything. - i have been chatting to my Svenska buddies and have come across the correct legal doccuments regarding our current situation etc and we are now co-ordinating out efforts as i type this. - i know that the reality is i cant give him a good kicking - but it wont stop me from wanting to give him one. As for knocking of the price of the fuel...well i doubt he will accept that as a reason to give me my money and also he's wee wee taker. as I said i aint the onlyione in this boat - and i know that he has done this in the past (found this out after i started having my current issues), and he will continue to do so until he relises he cant get away with it. I havent been caught out this time as i got a signed contract for the period i worked, doccumented everything, hours etc - i'm not that green regarding these matters - it bugs me when people try this kinda stuff on - i had one bloke accuse me of stealing all the climbing kit he leant me - including a big hefty weaver harness (still the best for chogging down the big stuff imop) even after i got my mate to go in to his yard pick up the kit he said i nicked and put it on his desk he still with held £100 from me - an amount that is completely pointless trying to claim through the courts.

this time 2 years ago i was in the same situation for £5k, i was stressed out my head, finally spoke to a lawyer and 4 days later i had my money, i vowed that would be the last time i got in that situation, just remember what you type here is seen by millions, and a bit of a rant could get you in trouble. good luck

i am like you, i just want paid for what i said i will do. simples.:001_smile: I only deal with customers who i feel i need no references and no terms and conditions. Honest folk who want a job done. :thumbup1: It makes the world of diference not having the voices in your head all day driving you mad, Resentment can eat you up, it did me. :sneaky2: I know where you are coming from. I now never put myself in a position where i NEED my money that week but always get it. If you cant sit in the house for 2 months with out earning and are self employed i would stop and take a look at how you run your business, this is not aimed at you Dilz, but at everyone. It is to easy to just jump and do the job and discuss it later, trouble is if the trouble starts we suffer and guys that are out there to rip folk off see this and know what they are going to do from the start:thumbdown:

Try working in the farming industry as well as the tree industry. Put my hand through a door this year due to plonkers i work with. They all seem to no everything but are as thick as dog doo. Had one lads mother wanting to have a word with me one day. I must be getting old and grumpy or something

i am like you, i just want paid for what i said i will do. simples.:001_smile: I only deal with customers who i feel i need no references and no terms and conditions. Honest folk who want a job done. :thumbup1: It makes the world of diference not having the voices in your head all day driving you mad, Resentment can eat you up, it did me. :sneaky2: I know where you are coming from. I now never put myself in a position where i NEED my money that week but always get it. If you cant sit in the house for 2 months with out earning and are self employed i would stop and take a look at how you run your business, this is not aimed at you Dilz, but at everyone. It is to easy to just jump and do the job and discuss it later, trouble is if the trouble starts we suffer and guys that are out there to rip folk off see this and know what they are going to do from the start::

i like the voices - they keep me company when climbing and i'm lucky to have enough sense to save my money when the work was really comming in - i'm currently on brake for a couple of months to recover from dental surgery which at the mo is still giving me hell - deal with death and illness in my family, visit my lady who is in the states and generaly rest up after what has been a rough 6 months - and be ready for when the work starts flooding in in spring - the money that i'm owed would a - mean my savings stay saved and b i can treat the missus when i fly out next week - looks like i'll be hoping on the back of some pick ups with a bunch of mexicans whilst i'm over there to earn my beer tokens - My old man is an accoutant ( well he has 3 more mornings of waking up being an accoutant and then he retires :thumbup1:) he advised me that in the really real world of work you should try and have enough funds to exist with out earning for 6 months - incase of injury lack of work, redundancy, and many other things including not getting paid.... and this advise though hard to follow is well worth it ( even if like me you havent got enough for six months i got cash for a few trying to obtain 6 months cash) so subbys dont piss all ur cash up the wall! i seen a fair few young uns looking a bit pole axed when they get told with no warning they are going home and they dont have the cash for a ticket.

Is that the company I warned u about?

if you mean the translated tree felling team who butchered those birches up in borlange then sadly no - that was one thing those guys were spot on for was paying me what i was owed - although you my like to hear that on the grape vine the company had gone under. This is for another company in stockholmsland a smaller one - the gig started of sweet as anything really good - just 4 blokes and the boss, then he got greedy because he relised how much work we can chew through - hired a load more guys bought lods of trucks and didnt make sure he had things sorted in the office - another guy who worked with me for a bit is owed about 60'000kr - and check this i just rang the office and spoke to his daughter - turns out he flew to thailand for a nice little holiday leaving me and my mate in the crap for x-mass and new year - i'm getting the Union in on this as soon as i get back to Sweden and my pal - who is thankfuly swedish is helping me out with all the legal stuff. This Bloke is just digging a great big hole for himself, just imagine how its going to look at a hearing - so you illegaly with held money for hours worked dating back from july - leaving your employees in financial difficulty over the christmass and new year period whilst you went on a tropical holiday to thailand....oh and whats this....you called the police to prevent your own soon from reclaiming his personal climbing equipment when he left the company.....and oh you had to call the police in October to deal with a very angry employee whom you had fired and then refused to pay..:thumbdown:

I'm going to enjoy watching this bloke squirm :thumbup1: its just going to take time so for now i have done all i can so going to forget about it enjoy my x-mass and trip to Texas and deal with this when i come back - i wont be suprised that as soon as he gets the first call from a lawyer or the union the matter will be resolved rather sharpish.