to the Gym!?!

PeteB

How many people get to the gym for the sake of fitness or to get rid of that gut?

How often do you go?

I've never really gone as I was fit enough whilst on the tools but since being in woodchipper sales, I have developed a gut which I could do with loosing and I rarely do any exercise. I went a couple of times when courting the now ex-wife but found the whole experience narcisistic and frequented by steriod fuelled bouncers or cougars on the make. What are your views on them?

find a good gym Pete, mine is full of fatties and skinnies, normal folk just wanting to get fit.

I go a few times a week depending on work load, i know i am going into chrimbo so not THAT fussed about gaining strength, i just want to keep my wee belly away, i have non stop climbing to do from now till chrimbo so i wont bother with the gym.

Your gym instructor should check out your diet and lif style if he is any good and ask you WHY you want to join, loads of good deals this time of year, personally you cant beat a good walk mate, stick some walking boots in the jeep and make a point of 30 mins a day going for a brisk 1

Edited by Stephen Blair

i have my own gym equipment in the garage, free weights, punch bag etc, i find it a lot better than paying gym fees then having to find time to go. Having my own means no travelling or anything and i can excercise whenever i want, for as long as i want. I know what you mean tho about gym junkies / bouncers, have come accross it many times. But like Mr Blair says, theres nowt better than getting outdoors, i personnally prefer the mountain bike to walking tho.