processor hire?

delabodge

hi guys,,with firewood processors flying out the door and second hand ones like rocking horse s...t,,,,why are`nt there more available for hire,,surely if there as fast as made out how many are sat there for months doing nothing?

whos hiring them?:001_huh:

i would hire mine out only if i was operating it, that way if something goes wrong its my responsibility. it would have to be £300 per day though.:001_smile:

i would hire mine out only if i was operating it, that way if something goes wrong its my responsibility. it would have to be £300 per day though.:001_smile:

producing how much for the client?...after your quote of £52.50 per ton,,,thats some pricy firewood,,,ontop of my £1.27.9 per ltre fuel tday,,,..jesus firewood prices are going to go through the roof,,,,hence why my nearest competetor is £100 per cm3 ,,,,,its mad:001_huh:

producing how much for the client?...after your quote of £52.50 per ton,,,thats some pricy firewood,,,ontop of my £1.27.9 per ltre fuel tday,,,..jesus firewood prices are going to go through the roof,,,,hence why my nearest competetor is £100 per cm3 ,,,,,its mad:001_huh:

8 grand for my machine, insurance, oil, chains, transport costs etc. if you can feed the processor you can do a cube in say 20 mins. :001_smile:

You must get some nice cord wood. If its green you will need to load 16 tonnes in an 8 hr day. Or only 8 tonnes if its seasoned only 7 tonnes if you take an hr for lunch. 3x7 = 21 cubibc metres in a day @ £100 a cu = £2100 less £300 machine hire £350 for cord less £50 cherry, delivery derv, chain oil, chains, files, wear and tear, pies coffee biscuits :thumbup:

With the right timber, I (with someone feeding, help change bags re site machine etc) can cut and fill 20 m3 bags a day and not feel wasted. It's as hodge says there are costs and pitfalls that are costly to fall into. I do hire man and machine out at a similar rate to Hodge to certain estates that I fell for. Let the average home owner put his old fence posts and pallet wood thru my machine, I don't think so. I need neither the repair bills or the hassle when they hurt themselves by not following instruction etc etc.

If they want cheap firewood that bad a saw and an axe are easily available, they just have to want it bad enough.

thanks guys i take all on board,and i think £300 a day with bloke is ok,just trying to work out whether to buy one or hire one, I currently have jappa 100 saw bench and 11ton riko spliter,,just could do with speeding up the process,,,,,probably buy one in new yr,,,,I understand about hiring out and pitfalls,,dont hire my chipper out for same reasons,,,,next thing is "which one" off to read the links I suppose.....thanks