survey/report requirements

sloth

Cool. I did the training last week. It was quite an eye-opener!

Sorry to derail your thread Sloth. I would suggest just to take on whatever you are comfortable with and avoid/sub out any reports that you aren't confident about.

I think a level 3 qualification is generally seen as a minimum.

I was under the impression the poll v's bartholemew case set level 2 as a "minimum requirement for tree assesment"

But the tree safety group want this "downgraded" so homeowners can be "responsible" and that they want to see a sliding scale of "sufficient" ability according to scale of tree ownerships

Sorry Tony, I meant what I feel is an acceptable minimum rather than a legal minimum. Still, at the end of the day an intelligent and experienced arb with no official quals could write a perfectly acceptable tree report.

But if he cant write a decent CV surely he couldnt write a decent report!:lol:

Thanks for all the input, and Paul I don't feel you derailed this thread, it's nice to see what other people have or plan on having.

I currently have about 8 years in the industry, since I realised while in college I didn't want to go to university as I had planned. I left with a levels in chem, biology, and photography (some of hama and monkey d's are wonderful by the way;) ) I started working Saturdays with a local arb who had a tech cert and prof dip, he had me reading lonsdale, shigo etc before I even had my chainsaw ticket! He really set me off on the right foot, educationally and morally with regards 'proper' tree work. I Have passed all but 1 of the written papers in the tech cert with distincion level percentages, the other a merit. I have also passed the management day tree condition exercise with a merit level.

I am hoping to do tree safety surveys, and think I have some contacts for 5837 stuff also, which if it goes well could result in plenty of that work.

Hama, I agree with you that level 2 is in the grand scheme of things inadequate, but you don't have even that, and you I'm sure are very capable of reports to put prof dip'ers to shame! Everyone needs to start somewhere and I am hoping to start from here, I feel I know my limits and wouldn't hesitate to ask for help or contract work to someone more knowledgeable, after all, that's how we learn! :) I hope to progress to higher levels of quals as soon as time and money allow, as I agree it's the only way to be truly professional. Good luck with your pti and qtra, I'm sure you'll breeze it.

Thanks for all the input, and Paul I don't feel you derailed this thread, it's nice to see what other people have or plan on having.

I currently have about 8 years in the industry, since I realised while in college I didn't want to go to university as I had planned. I left with a levels in chem, biology, and photography (some of hama and monkey d's are wonderful by the way;) ) I started working Saturdays with a local arb who had a tech cert and prof dip, he had me reading lonsdale, shigo etc before I even had my chainsaw ticket! He really set me off on the right foot, educationally and morally with regards 'proper' tree work. I Have passed all but 1 of the written papers in the tech cert with distincion level percentages, the other a merit. I have also passed the management day tree condition exercise with a merit level.

I am hoping to do tree safety surveys, and think I have some contacts for 5837 stuff also, which if it goes well could result in plenty of that work.

Hama, I agree with you that level 2 is in the grand scheme of things inadequate, but you don't have even that, and you I'm sure are very capable of reports to put prof dip'ers to shame! Everyone needs to start somewhere and I am hoping to start from here, I feel I know my limits and wouldn't hesitate to ask for help or contract work to someone more knowledgeable, after all, that's how we learn! :) I hope to progress to higher levels of quals as soon as time and money allow, as I agree it's the only way to be truly professional. Good luck with your pti and qtra, I'm sure you'll breeze it.

sounds to me like youll do just fine:001_cool:

photo comments noted, as with the reports side of things:001_smile: