Quick question - bung/plug

scbk

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would be surprised then if there was supposed to be a filter or something there next to the exhaust.

It looks as though something has melted. Ive had a look on a parts pdf and couldnt find anything.

If it was me I would plug it and try it out, checking to make sure you dont get a vacuum in the oil tank.

But, it could cause probs if it is supposed to be a breather.

Yeh as above I can block it with a screw, and with the bar off it would appear to oil as it should out of the correct hole.

But with the bar fitted, the oil doesnt run along the bar. I've tried 2 different bars and both were cleaned before fitting

• 2 years later...

yes i have the same problem , there should be a bung , mine has fallen out , also not oiling , stihl used to just do a rubber bung you push in and off you go , now they have changed the design if you take it into a stockist , they now have to glue the new design bung in so you need to leave your saw there for a few hours till the glue sets , ive yet to do this as been too busy and need my saw every day for carving , find me on facebook im pixie mushrooms