Treeflex Harness

Rentachimp

I'm on the verge of buying one. Any rants or raves to sway me?

Hi Chimp

Dead keen to ask why this harness in particular?

I have used the harness & have thoughts about it but I'm interested in what reason folk have when they choose a harness for everyday work. Obviously we are generally quite different in our physical makeup & in the way we use our bodies at work. Some harnesses seem to help & some seem to hinder, but what is good for me is not necessarily good for the next guy & what is good for the next guy definately doesn't work for me. Horses & courses etc!

Cheers

Nod

Hi Chimp

Dead keen to ask why this harness in particular?

Cheers

Nod

I think it's because the designers are obsessed with body-mechanics and ergonomics. The claims I've heard excite me greatly, as I consider working with your body's natural flow (as opposed to fighting against it) to be paramount in avoiding injury and physical stress. The fact that the harness is built with this principal in mind makes it the clear choice for me.

Abacus industrial safety equipment are selling it, but is it actually available?

I agree rentachimp, the Treeflex dioes look like a great harness, I don't think its exactly the finished article(designwise), but a great harness nevertheless.

The construction and build quality look excellent.

Let us know how you get on with it.

I will when I get it, but is it actually for sale, yet?

Rentachimp,

I bought a Treeflex at the AA show in June. Previously I had a Butterfly 2. It is more comfortable when: hanging ie. feet unsupported, spiking a pole (as it does not pull into your kidneys), and come to think of it all the time.

I also use the central attachment for SRT.

Some people have suggested that it is not comfortable for larger guys, but I am yet to meet a climber that is bigger than me!:marchmellow:

I now would not climb in another harness unless it was similar to the Treeflex, however the Treemotion does look as though it ticks the right boxes.