Treeflex Harness

Rentachimp

• 3 months later...

I have not read too much about the TreeFlex lately.

When I reviewed the saddle, I had it for a short time, during ideal working conditions. It was warm and dry, and the jobs I had were fairly easy. Also I didn't want to abuse the saddle I had because it was not mine.

Now, in the wet stormy weather I have been doing my best to thrash the crap out of my treeflex. Not in an abusive way, just putting the saddle through it's paces.

I chunked out a fairly large oak trunk with the 066 the other day, and the saddle stuck real good to my waist. I like how it doesn't slid down as easily as my B'fly.

It must be a combination of the shape of the back pad, the lumbar pad, and the buckle system to hold it on.

Also I noticed when I pull the saddle on with soaking wet pants, from the rain, not an 'accident' :), the buckle method of cinching the saddle tight to my waist actually IS EASIER to do, than with the traditional one buckle method.

It could just be me, but the treeflex seems to be easier to take on and off.

I have noticed however that these same buckles actually can be loosened from being rubbed against.

I was moving around a stem, and the stem rubbed the buckle, caused it to release a bit, and the waist suddenly loosened.

But I dont think this is a bad feature, in fact I like the way the waist cinches to my waist better than the one buckle system.

This saddle has been out for awhile, does any one have new feedback on it?

Thanks

I've had the treeflex for a few months now but haven't climbed all that much as I was working for an utility firm and they decided not to take me on anyway.

It's very nice harness, though, and I find that it actually feels more comfortable when you have a saw hanging off it. Clipped to the rear attachment point, of course...