Which Splitter

AngusMF250

Do you know what model the ryetec one is?

Also, are the 60cm logs discs or are you billeting up 1m lengths?

The hycrack is very good on big knotty discs but on smaller stuff they do have a habit of snatching. We did have somethign similar on one estate and used to load big discs onto it with the forwader so the just needed a shove onto the point.

Do you know what model the ryetec one is?

Also, are the 60cm logs discs or are you billeting up 1m lengths?

The hycrack is very good on big knotty discs but on smaller stuff they do have a habit of snatching. We did have somethign similar on one estate and used to load big discs onto it with the forwader so the just needed a shove onto the point.

Hi Chris, thanks for your reply,

I cant remember the model the Ryetec is, I saw it at a demo at Angus Chainsaws, its got a 12 tonne ram, I took a couple of bits that wouldnt split and it split them no bother.

I cut logs to approx 30 cm and 55 cm (for a Jotul f118 stove that we have).

The rounds vary from about 80 cm to 20 cm.

Is the rytec second hand or new?

Chances are it'll be a Maxi (made by B3 in Italy) and will have a 1m cylinder so will be quite versatile - for the sort of sizes you're looking to split I'd say it's worth gettign hold of an intermediate table for the smaller diameter bits so you're not bending down all the time and also can split the big diameter bits at ground level so save on lifting the heavy bits.

I've never been a fan of the B3 machines (I had a demo on one before I bought the old 20 tonne Thor) but for your own use the Maxi should be more than adequate as it's aimed at the professional user.

Can't comment on the Wallenstein as I've never seen one in the flesh as yet but I'd be asking myself why it was so much cheaper than the others.

I used to own a Thor Practico which was fantastic but a bit overkill for domestic use.

Also spent a couple of years working for one of the suppliers on the right hand side selling the Balfor splitters - there's a good number of happy customers on here with them.

Hello Stephen,

yes, I may be interested, I was at the forestry demo and said to the dealer that I would buy one from them, they are pretty reliable and if you ve a problem they would sort it out.

However, they dont sell what I m really looking for, so I m weighing up the options.

I ll have a look on the trading post.