Climber injured

Arborworks Ltd

Hi there whats Jarnos second name, worked on the railways quite a while ago down your way with a guy called Jarno Glasscock, working for fountains at the time about 2000 or 2001 i think

Thats the chap, he left Fountains and went out contracting, does a few days for us and another contractor

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats the chap, he left Fountains and went out contracting, does a few days for us and another contractor

Cheers, send him our best wishes for a speedy recovery, he may remember us we came down dat london when the foot and mouth broke out the frst time 2000 i think, there was about 10 of us living in Maidstone working on the National Grid and railways contracts from an office in Bletchingly.:thumbup1:

PS. he will remember Andy Smith, we were the ones who helped him to learn to drink again:scared1:

hope he has a speedy recovery

going back to work after the hospital would be the last thing on my mind if it was me so all i can say is good for him.

and some pics of it would be good since ive never really seen any pics of injurys via a saw not that im into that sort of stuff but it would be good for safety in my head if that makes sence. which it prob doesnt

Hi

This is my first post, but i thought i might as well join in as a thread has been started due to my miss fortune. I would like to introduce my self as i'm not a weekend user or pikey but after leaving my last job as a climber of 7yrs and now a subbie have been doing arb work for 10 years altogether now and with most of my cs tickets 30,31,32,36,38,39,40,41 and ncharb from sparsholt, and like to do thing correct but even though i was using my ms200 with both hands and tied in, still had kickback to the face even with the saw below chest height, the chain brake came on because of using two handed god no's what it would of been like if it had't, so this is still a good wake up call to all that wether new or experinced acciedents can happen.

I would like to thank all who replyed with there best wishes, and it was my choice to return to site as it took five hours in hospital (had to see the face surgeon, there better at stiching neatly even with 5 cuts close together) and by the time i got back to site all that was left were a transit load of conifer to load.

Thanks for the welcome, yeh could of been a lot worse, theres only about 28 stiches showing the rest are inside the cuts so i dont get air pockets when the outside heals, worse thing was havin a shave after wards when i got home as i only us a cut throat.