Yeti

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bore and piston look lovely

spark plug nice brown tarnish as all two strokes should be

air filter got blasted out and everything cleaned

now when case is off carb and air cleaner the retainer that pushes choke on dosnt seem to engage anything when start is flicked,so I defo know th choke isn't working.Warmed the plug up and fires first pull

didn't want to start tweaking mixture screws incase I messed her up

so all seems to point to carb problems,as all seals on carb to air filter are okey as is the fuel pickup and filter.

Tickle throttle and ease revs on and it will scream like a real un but try givig her a fistful just bogs down and dies still

Where abouts would this impulse hose be located bud? Also how would I know if it's knackerd? Would a visual inspection work for that or would I need to remove the pipe and inspect?

I'm trying everything to avoid the dealership,as I don't fancy getting robbed by them

Where abouts would this impulse hose be located bud? Also how would I know if it's knackerd? Would a visual inspection work for that or would I need to remove the pipe and inspect?

I'm trying everything to avoid the dealership,as I don't fancy getting robbed by them

Its underneath the saw.Comes from the rear of the crankcase to the carb.It will be behind the part of the rear handle that runs underneath the saw.Long black pipe with some ripples in it.

You wont be able to see it without taking the rear handle assembly off.You may just about see it between the rear of the clutch cover and the rear handle assembly where it goes through to the carb, but this wont tell you a lot as you cant see all of it.

Recon its time to twirl some spanners bud, thats what the long winter evenings are for.

Edited by raker

Its underneath the saw.Comes from the rear of the crankcase to the carb.It will be behind the part of the rear handle that runs underneath the saw.Long black pipe with some ripples in it.

You wont be able to see it without taking the rear handle assembly off.You may just about see it between the rear of the clutch cover and the rear handle assembly where it goes through to the carb, but this wont tell you a lot as you cant see all of it.

Recon its time to twirl some spanners bud, thats what the long winter evenings are for.

If you pull the air filter and carb out, there should be two hoses going into the carb, one's the fuel line, the other is the impulse hose...

Hope that helps...

Check the air bleed valve on the top of the fuel tank too, it may be gunged up...

Regards to the air bleed valve would that cause the fuel to leak? As it's seeping fuel out when left on worktop over night,and when cap is opened on fuel tank there seems to be alot of pressure released

would that also cause in to run dodgy like it is?

Sorry for noob questions never ownd a stihl,and I'm beginng to see why

Nothing wrong with stihls, but like any tool, they need a bit of maintenance. You`ve said you bought it used, so it may have had a lot of use.

On the face of it your problems appear to be in the fuel system which just needs a bit of stripping cleaning and replacement of a few inexpensive parts.

Fingers crossed raker haha.you can't exactly strip these things before buying to inspect them eah haha.

Trust it to happen right in middle of big job.

Thanks for all the help guys really appreciated.

Tis a shame aswell as it seemed a really nice saw when working had a nice bit of poke for it's size

Regards to the air bleed valve would that cause the fuel to leak? As it's seeping fuel out when left on worktop over night,and when cap is opened on fuel tank there seems to be alot of pressure released

would that also cause in to run dodgy like it is?

Sorry for noob questions never ownd a stihl,and I'm beginng to see why

The valve probably needs replacing...

DON'T be put off, Stihls are good saws although it "may have" worked hard, it will still work hard with a little TLC ;)

Fingers crossed raker haha.you can't exactly strip these things before buying to inspect them eah haha.

Trust it to happen right in middle of big job.

Thanks for all the help guys really appreciated.

Tis a shame aswell as it seemed a really nice saw when working had a nice bit of poke for it's size

Do a basic overhaul/maintenance check of all the serviceable parts and it'll see you through, for longer if you look after it ;)

I bought a 460, the saws great, although I had a little trouble with the oil pump when it seized through lack of use...

Quick clean and a little TLC and it's ripping through wood like no tomorrow :thumbup: