General Tree pics

Andy Collins

you know i think you have great skill tony, but the bottom line is you have cut off branches from a tree, doesnt matter how hard it was to get to or how symetrical the finish, thats only to look good for humans, the tree could of been felled and left as a big pile of brash to break down and give habitat. doesnt look as nice to you but the hedge hogs and creepy crawlies would of loved it:biggrin:

What i do is preserve trees in the urban environment, the pruning i do maintains a trees form and function, what nature does is wait till a trees old and weak then smash it to bits in a dirty messy unclean manner.

she does her job and does it well, and nature thrives in her garden, but i dont do habitat work, i do managment in the urban fringe, tis a different game altogether.

What you have to remember is if it wasnt for guys like us/me trees couldnt be kept in towns, simple as that.

a dirty messy unclean manner.

What you have to remember is if it wasnt for guys like us/me trees couldnt be kept in towns, simple as that.

so cutting it down and planting a lovely new healthy tree wouldnt keep trees in a city, or would carrying out real tree work not keep the tickle team in a job:lol:

Amenity schmenity

It looks like a tree to most, it looks like a tree that needs felling to me :001_tt2:

I tell you what then dean, you go and tell them that, then fell it for them, then replant it for them, and come back every six weeks to replant the tree after the locals have ripped it out of the ground, or every dog has crapped on it and peed on it and killed its juvenile roots by eutrophication burns!:001_tt2:

SWB:001_smile:

Beaufort number Description Wind speed Wave height Sea conditions Land conditions Sea state photo

km/h mph kts m/s m ft

0 Calm < 1 < 1 < 1 < 0.3 0 0 Flat. Calm. Smoke rises vertically.

1 Light air 1.1 – 5.5 1 – 3 1 – 2 0.3 – 1.5 0 – 0.2 0 – 1 Ripples without crests. Wind motion visible in smoke.

2 Light breeze 5.6 – 11 4 – 7 3 – 6 1.6 – 3.4 0.2 – 0.5 1 – 2 Small wavelets. Crests of glassy appearance, not breaking Wind felt on exposed skin. Leaves rustle.

3 Gentle breeze 12 – 19 8 – 12 7 – 10 3.4 – 5.4 0.5 – 1 2 – 3.5 Large wavelets. Crests begin to break; scattered whitecaps Leaves and smaller twigs in constant motion.

4 Moderate breeze 20 – 28 13 – 17 11 – 15 5.5 – 7.9 1 – 2 3.5 – 6 Small waves with breaking crests. Fairly frequent white horses . Dust and loose paper raised. Small branches begin to move.

5 Fresh breeze 29 – 38 18 – 24 16 – 20 8.0 – 10.7 2 – 3 6 – 9 Moderate waves of some length. Many white horses. Small amounts of spray. Branches of a moderate size move. Small trees begin to sway.

6 Strong breeze 39 – 49 25 – 30 21 – 26 10.8 – 13.8 3 – 4 9 – 13 Long waves begin to form. White foam crests are very frequent. Some airborne spray is present. Large branches in motion. Whistling heard in overhead wires. Umbrella use becomes difficult. Empty plastic garbage cans tip over.

7 High wind, Moderate gale, Near gale 50 – 61 31 – 38 27 – 33 13.9 – 17.1 4 – 5.5 13 – 19 Sea heaps up. Some foam from breaking waves is blown into streaks along wind direction. Moderate amounts of airborne spray. Whole trees in motion. Effort needed to walk against the wind. Swaying of skyscrapers may be felt, especially by people on upper floors.

8 Gale, Fresh gale 62 – 74 39 – 46 34 – 40 17.2 – 20.7 5.5 – 7.5 18 – 25 Moderately high waves with breaking crests forming spindrift. Well-marked streaks of foam are blown along wind direction. Considerable airborne spray. Some twigs broken from trees. Cars veer on road. Progress on foot is seriously impeded.

9 Strong gale 75 – 88 47 – 54 41 – 47 20.8 – 24.4 7 – 10 23 – 32 High waves whose crests sometimes roll over. Dense foam is blown along wind direction. Large amounts of airborne spray may begin to reduce visibility. Some branches break off trees, and some small trees blow over. Construction/temporary signs and barricades blow over. Damage to circus tents and canopies.

10 Storm[6], Whole gale 89 – 102 55 – 63 48 – 55 24.5 – 28.4 9 – 12.5 29 – 41 Very high waves with overhanging crests. Large patches of foam from wave crests give the sea a white appearance. Considerable tumbling of waves with heavy impact. Large amounts of airborne spray reduce visibility. Trees are broken off or uprooted, saplings bent and deformed. Poorly attached asphalt shingles and shingles in poor condition peel off roofs.

11 Violent storm 103 – 117 64 – 72 56 – 63 28.5 – 32.6 11.5 – 16 37 – 52 Exceptionally high waves. Very large patches of foam, driven before the wind, cover much of the sea surface. Very large amounts of airborne spray severely reduce visibility. Widespread damage to vegetation. Many roofing surfaces are damaged; asphalt tiles that have curled up and/or fractured due to age may break away completely.

12 Hurricane-force [6] ≥ 118 ≥ 73 ≥ 64 ≥ 32.7 ≥ 14 ≥ 46 Huge waves. Sea is completely white with foam and spray. Air is filled with driving spray, greatly reducing visibility. Very widespread damage to vegetation. Some windows may break; mobile homes and poorly constructed sheds and barns are damaged. Debris may be hurled about.

If this trees maintianed regular enough say every two years it will stabalise and continue to provide amenity value to the residants. .

you are painting a diferent picture now tony, i thought the residents would all be sitting around your tree tonight singing songs and getting all naturey, not burning out cars and jagging up below it, so which is it:confused1::biggrin:

you are painting a diferent picture now tony, i thought the residents would all be sitting around your tree tonight singing songs and getting all naturey, not burning out cars and jagging up below it, so which is it:confused1::biggrin:

and your point is? That because (some) folk jack up and burn cars they dont deserve to have trees in thier environment?

and your point is? That because (some) folk jack up and burn cars they dont deserve to have trees in thier environment?[/QUOT

My point is you have changed the image in my head of the environment that this tree grows in.

i would be concerned about any image running around in your head SWB!:lol: