New on the forum with a question about splitters

AngusMF250

cheers, i wouldnt mind coming through to the demo day if i get a chance, is he going to have a few machines? where abouts is it?

Its at Angus Chainsaws, which is near Inverkeillour between Arbroath and Montrose.

I m sure hed be happy for you to go, its on the 26th and 27th (saturday) of November.

Heres their website;

Angus Chainsaws for Garden Tools and machinery

Also Kenny Wallace's email;

[email protected]

Send him an email to make sure, tell him you found out from Angus (one of the twins!) and ask what is on at the demonstration. They are good to deal with, we always go there.

HI angus i tottally agree with steve screw splitter are lethal mate i no a mate that lost fingers mate not good:thumbdown: pto power hyd splitter are the way to go mate you run it on small tractor 50/65 hp so you save the feul :thumbup:mate and steve got a 20 toner for sale just the jon to run on a small tractor 50/60 hp all the best jon :thumbup:

I can say that Stevies splitter is a beast as It was mine before Deans - I used to crane huge lumps under it when it was on the back of the county and it would cruch its way through pretty much anything :thumbup:

:laugh1: It looks like its being passed around!

I m interested in it, I wont buy new, costs too much, just want to get something pretty solid and reliable.

I never had to lay a spanner on it and it was fast. Good on rings with the table and four way and good on logn stuff for bilelting or just to make small enough to go through the processor - we did a lot of elm with it one year, even some stuff that had been dead for as long as anyone could remember - that was almost like concrete.

I only sold it as I was packing up first time round and going employed and it was sorely missed (as was the County)