work experience lincolnshire

elicokiz

Hi folks

I have several level 2 Arboriculture students looking for part time work experience within the sector can anyone be of help? each learner requires to log 120hrs to pass their course.

any help would be greatly received.

regards

Dave

block sessions or day per week?

Hi John

A day a week would be fine... or even weeks during holiday periods?...just scouting for my students really:thumbup:...it would be the learners responsibility to organise conditions with a willing arbor company/individual..I would suggest to the learners that they would be paid through experience gained, rather than in pure monetary terms. HoweverThe University does have a responsibility to ensure the workplace has suitable H&S policies in place to ensure safegaurding issues are met.

regards

Dave :001_cool:

Hi Dave

Ill have a word at work tomorrow as we are just up the road we may be able to take someone a day/week to help me out. Not necessrily purely arb but plenty of tree/hedge/woodland work. Do they have NPTC certificates?

We could certainly give them some experience either in forestry,conservation and small extraction and a mixture of tree surgery projects.With regards to health and safety we are Chas approved contractor so all that is in place.Contact us through our website Tree surgeon, wood surgeons, arboricultural contractors, Lincolnshire, North Lincolnshire, Scunthorpe, Grimsby, NPTC and we can discuss further.If you have any more in the future we would be happy to come up with some arrangement.

Hi Dave

Ill have a word at work tomorrow as we are just up the road we may be able to take someone a day/week to help me out. Not necessrily purely arb but plenty of tree/hedge/woodland work. Do they have NPTC certificates?

Watcha Moley,

Unfortunately the learners do not have NPTC certification, but do have good attitudes towards work. Any form of work would be acceptable as long as it is related to the sector, brewing tea ect??:lol:. hedgework, woodland work sounds great and would be of great intrest to them.

cheers matey

Dave

We could certainly give them some experience either in forestry,conservation and small extraction and a mixture of tree surgery projects.With regards to health and safety we are Chas approved contractor so all that is in place.Contact us through our website Tree surgeon, wood surgeons, arboricultural contractors, Lincolnshire, North Lincolnshire, Scunthorpe, Grimsby, NPTC and we can discuss further.If you have any more in the future we would be happy to come up with some arrangement.

Thanks Melvyn, I will pass on your contact details to the relevant learners this Am.

thanks again

Dave:thumbup: