no stress control on pto tw150

Joy Yeomans

after plugging in new relays i still cant get the stress control to work on my pto chipper, is there anything else i can try in the black box to work out whats wrong and what part i need to order? it works intermitantly when starting then when timber gets fed in its almost as though the vibration knocks it off again and it must be a loose wire, cant get anyone to come out and look at it this problem has been ongoing since the warranty ran out - can you give me details of another dealer who is willing to come on site and look at it for me, a brilliant machine but a frustrated user and located in Uttoxeter, staffs.

Hi Logbaron

Sorry to hear that you have been experiencing some problems, have tried calling you but can only get your answer phone.

If you have fitted new relays and it still does not work can you check the following are correct.

The PTO drive from the unit requires checking for the correct speed, you do not state what machine you have but the 150 version needs 540 rpm and the 300 machine needs 1000 rpm, if they over rev this can cause the no stress to not work.

Also the remote sensor on the trigger wheel, please ensure that this is a risla paper away from each other, the nearer the better without smashing into each other.

Check the belt tension is correct : there should be no more that 3mm play in the belt when checked..

If you are still having problems please call me direct on 01449 765820

regards

TW Tech support