Cheap Fuel & no crime

Old WoodChip

We all want that I know but at what cost?

A few weeks ago I drove passed a machine parked up that has been working in the river, they have been working there for a week or so on & off a 360 and 20 ton dumper. Both parked on top of a river bank in a well light area.

one evening not even dark I seen 2 guys with two 25L drums carrying them from a car parked 10 metres away so knew something was up, I drove pasted and turned around and parked up opposite to see what they wre up to and guess what .............

I dialed 999 asked for police and told them all the deatails and mine, a car was on the way said the lovely girl on the phone.... bearing in mind there are 3 big police stations all within 3 miles, (1 within 1/4 mile, 1 within 1 mile)

I waited 15 mins and not a sign of blue lights, there were in fact three blokes all late 20's who loaded 7 FULL 25L drums into the back of their car, in the boot on the back seats so it was stinking of fuel I imagine. They drove off and I manage a photo on my phone, then I went on my way and seen two bobbys on the beat in the next village so stopped and told them the story, he said on his radio he heard they just arrived, making it just over 25 mins from when I called in.

Out came my phone, he looked at pictures of the car weighed down with diesel and said they would get a good image from that no problem...... his next comment left me a bit stuck for words and wondering "what side the law is on"

He said as there were no reports of stolen diesel no crime had been committed but if the water board whos plant the fuel was taken from reports it then we will be in touch. :blushing:

I just filled up my car it cost me £60 in Morrisons at 118.5 per litre:confused1:

Next time I may as well take a drum to the first plant parked up and fill it, no crime :lol: as long as it's not reported stolen:thumbup1:

What a load a testicles eh

As much as this is hard to believe I can assure you it is very true, sad as I have to say.

Mad isnt it mate. We've just discovered we had 2000gallons of red diesel stolen out of our winter heating tanks. They were filled up at the end of last winter and well we kinda forget about them over the summer, and dont look at them again until the cold weather starts. Went to check all the heaters and everything this week to find it had all gone! Theiving scum.

So if the police are told by a neighbour that intruders are in a near by house they wont come out as the home owner hasn't reported a burgulary.

Seems low priority and they didnt want the paper work!!

Exactly that. My van and my garage were broken into a couple of years back and the guy down the road also had his done over. After the police had been at my place i mentioned the fact that this guy wouldn't leave his garage open as there was too much kit in there as he was a mechanic and also he had two motorbikes in the garage. They left my house at about six in the morning after telling me that the chap would have to phone them himself. I went and woke my neighbour and he called them at just after six and they went to see him at just after two in the afternoon!! Service or what:thumbdown:. Problem is probably too much paperwork. I got a call a few weeks later saying the crime was going to be classified as an unsolved now and unless they got prints at some other time there's nothing else they can do:thumbdown:.