Stumpgrinder accident.

Mick Stockbridge

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks again for all the good wishes. just waiting for the phone call to say theyve got the bed and i can go in. bags all packed and ready. feeling a little nervous this time.... youd think i'd be used to it by now!

hope you had prawn crackers

whats this op for?

will you need many more?

For all I love Chinese I hate hospitals more:blushing:

Hope all goes well

this ones the bone graft bob, possiblly more to come but lets hope not many.

Best of luck and I hope it goes well.

seeing this again has just reminded me I really should start a thread about something I discovered on a grinder I recently bought.

it wasnt a lump of leg and a big bundle of kevlar was it??!!

it wasnt a lump of leg and a big bundle of kevlar was it??!!

Thankfully not.

No it was the emergency stop disabled on the remote control box, now I could be wrong and call me cynical but looks very much like it was done on purpose as the emergency stop on the remote is very easily hit, but the wires had been swaped on the relay and it was the original relay and you could see the terminal it was taken off, took ages to find out why it weren't working, I know someone who had a similar accident to you, and it may sound stupid but it was one of the reasons I got out of grinding many many years ago as more and more arb's wanted to hire it without me using it.

If this was done on purpose as I suspect it was then who ever done it needs to wake up to how dangerous these machines can be.

• 7 months later...
  • 7 months later...