let them know?

jose

Forget all this covering your backside......

If you are getting a crane in, you need to be covering your wallet.

You need to make sure you have got even the finest little detail tied up for jobs like these.... its not like you can "give it all another go tomorrow" if you come across a "little hitch" on the day.

:dito:

I'd be more bothered about someone stopping the job half way through and really fecking the day up!

The crane company will still want there payment and the customer wont want to pay another days crane hire to say the least.

I'd have to check it through with the council first although that could well be a big hassle too.

i have got the crane operator out to the site and hes has no objectstions or worries.

The grass area is very large and soes not affect the sight line of the road in any way.

I think i will have a word with them as u r correct in saying if someone sticks the beak in and the council stops the job then its my wallet that is going to bleed!

As for the ring barked its a bit of a story.

20 yrs ago when the house was built the developers were meant to fell the tree ( owner has the papers to prove this). in there wisdom ( saving money!) they didnt. this is a big tree about 3m max from his house.

Owner contact the council who agreed totally that it should have come down but since it hadnt it was tough luck and slapped a tpo on it.

The owner had to fight with the council as he was unable to get and home insurance. eventually they said there was no record of any secoyas ever falling in the uk so combined with that info managed to convince insurance co to cover him.

Anyway every year since for the last 20yrs he applies to remove the tree.

This year he applies and gets a new tree officer on the phone who says that that particular tree is not covered. Next days tree officer comes out and confirms this in person.

Owner is estatic, runs to the shop and buys a hatchet and ring barks it to ensure it comes down.

2 days later a council letter arrives saying they are removing all tpo's in area and putting down a blanket cover.

Obvisly he is very concered and contacts them aagin who then say a tree officer cant come out for 2wks!

Lucky for him ( not sure if its good for me) i had come out the day after he ringed it, before they had sent the letter so he has a witness against any pos prosecution.