Chainsaw gloves for climbing!!!

Fat Boy Quim

I think you've maybe misunderstood me there mate. I always have climbed with gloves, usually just the cheap ones with the grippy rubber palms- which are great! But my boss wants me to wear the big clumsy leather stihl ones with the chainsaw protection on the backs of the hand. Would take me half an hour to tie a timber hitch in those!

Fair play, TBH, I misunderstand most people most of the time. :lol:

In that case, may I reccomend using a pair of those ridiculous paddle like chainsaw mittens that you used to get (the ones with the seperate trigger digit) that should prove your point.:001_smile:

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just pointt him to this thread.

ONLY AN IDIOT WOULD MAKE SOMEONE CLIMB IN CHAINSAW GLOVES

:001_tongue:

Chainsaw protective gloves are the most useless piece of arb PPE ever invented!

They would hinder your climbing and productivity not to mention the loss of dexterity which could possibly be a H&S issue.

He would not get into trouble with the HSE if you have a chainsaw accident and aren't wearing gloves.

He is either worried about you lot and/or worried about not complying with H&S which tbh isn't a bad thing and you can't blame him for that.:thumbup1:

It's better than some firms I've subbed to and witnessed where H&S is the exact opposite!

Just pointt him to this thread.

ONLY AN IDIOT WOULD MAKE SOMEONE CLIMB IN CHAINSAW GLOVES

:001_tongue:

Chainsaw protective gloves are the most useless piece of arb PPE ever invented!

To be honest, chainsaw gloves are a throwback from the Ark. They should have disappeared the day chainbrakes became a mandatory requirement.

I can't think of a single way you could require blocking material in the back of the left glove, and in most cases, its not a class high enough to stop the chain anyway.

Chainsaw gloves are stupid, stupid, stupid (but I still wear them :001_tongue:)

not relevant to climbing but ive worked with someone who cut the back of their hand with a saw on the ground. not sure on the exact details but the injury could possibly have been stopped or not have been as bad if chainsaw gloves had been worn. that said, they are horrible to work in

I use Keep Safe Gripper Gloves 79p a pair and they last for about 3 weeks and really grip the rope.We all had to climb with CHAINSAW gloves on in college till one of use said Its too risky and put it down in the risk assessment Saying it would be to dangerous to climb with them So we either use our bear hands or climbing gloves

not relevant to climbing but ive worked with someone who cut the back of their hand with a saw on the ground. not sure on the exact details but the injury could possibly have been stopped or not have been as bad if chainsaw gloves had been worn. that said, they are horrible to work in

was it a top handle? if not i find it almost impossible to see how someone can manage to cut themselves with a back handle saw. dont mean to cause any offece but unlesss you do it deliberatley how do you do it.

was it a top handle? if not i find it almost impossible to see how someone can manage to cut themselves with a back handle saw. dont mean to cause any offece but unlesss you do it deliberatley how do you do it.

maybe he was using a really kift sharpening technique :lol: