AAaand hes off

Dave Martin

Be careful on the loading weight unless the vehicle has been plated to over 3.5T. A full wood load could push toward 3T in 15 barrow bags.

there is no way that is 3 ton of wood in 15 bags, thats 200kgs per bag!!! unless it is all fresh, and i still doubt it.

dave, love the truck though,:thumbup: and well done for the extra effort in barrow bags, let us know if it really works for you in the time, effort and cost ratio, compared to the usuall tip off on drive method

Be careful on the loading weight unless the vehicle has been plated to over 3.5T. A full wood load could push toward 3T in 15 barrow bags. Looks really good and a nice change from the usual green colour people use (including myself). I'm looking for a hiab trailer as couldnt justify the cost of a vehilce sitting dormant most of the time when I have a truck anyway. They are few and far between though.

Remember there is a truck aswell :001_smile:

Truck looks great, good luck:thumbup1:

pay load is just over a ton or less with a tail lift. sorry, i've read it as ...A full wood load could push toward 3T in 15 barrow bags....thats 3ton in 15 bags

why would you be worried about pushing 3 ton when the limit is 3.5 ton:confused1::confused1:

pay load is just over a ton or less with a tail lift. sorry, i've read it as ...A full wood load could push toward 3T in 15 barrow bags....thats 3ton in 15 bags

why would you be worried about pushing 3 ton when the limit is 3.5 ton:confused1::confused1:

i may be wrong but single rear wheel, doesnt look like the big wheel version, is the g.v.w. 3.5 tonnes?? truck looks great, definatly keep us posted on those barrow bags:thumbup:

There was a transit on the tv the other night the police pulled for being over weight he showed a ticket being about 300kg over. The police did not believe him and weighed it 5600kg :captain: Daves new transit does not look over weight and if it does creep over I would think a slap on the wrist should be the most you will get. Look at it another way if it was legally loaded you could put an unbraked trailer of 700kg on the back ( what does that do for your brakes )

There was a transit on the tv the other night the police pulled for being over weight he showed a ticket being about 300kg over. The police did not believe him and weighed it 5600kg :captain: Daves new transit does not look over weight and if it does creep over I would think a slap on the wrist should be the most you will get. Look at it another way if it was legally loaded you could put an unbraked trailer of 700kg on the back ( what does that do for your brakes )

i totally agree steve, the trouble is same as ever, some of our police officers will let the 10% go, some wont, the c.p.s. sticks to rules and doesnt bend them, perhaps im overwary of overloading having been fined for towing a trailer without a braking system that weighed 860 kg & a 3.5 t. transit at 3760 kg!! grrrr, maybe the police just dont like me!!!!!! the one that really peeeeves me is for towing a braked trailer with a safety chain not a short wire bond that should put the brakes on, but sure as hell wont steer it!!!!!!!!! the 'discussion' in the court room got so heated i was asked to leave!!!! i still use a safety chain regardless, if that coupling fails i know i can stop the trailer whilst attached to the vehicle!!! back to the red truck thou!!! it looks professional, & as you said doesnt look overweight!!!!!!:thumbup: